WEAKNESS: PART 1

As far as he could see, sand rose up in bleak hills in vague, soft geometrical patterns, each one identical to the other. Above the shadow of Kylo Ren loomed an old and destroyed Imperial Starcruiser, menacingly high.

They had prevented the Resistance from evacuating their base, but they knew they would find some way. It wouldn't be too long before they made their escape. In a situation such as this, Kylo Ren should have been on Snoke's ship but instead, Snoke sent him here. Why the Supreme Leader had asked him to go to Jakku, mere minutes after the destruction of Starkiller Base, remained a mystery to him.

Perhaps he thought the girl, Rey, might have returned to her desolate sands in a desperate bid to hold onto whatever home she had known.

But Kylo knew better. The resistance had the map to Skywalker and they would waste no time in getting to him before the First Order. And they would send Rey. The force-sensitive scavenger from Jakku. There was no question of her presence anywhere near him and yet...

The metallic glint of his Tie-Silencer reflected back on to his helmet, heating it up to unbearable heights. Hesitantly, he removed his helmet and let it drop to the floor. The rays gleamed on to his dark attire with an intense urgency and yet the only thing that bothered him were the dry stains of tears caked on his face and the healing wounds that felt as though they were tearing themselves open.

His scars hadn't healed fast enough and his eyes were red and raw. Tears of frustration, shock and confusion had flooded his eyes in the privacy of his ship.

He hadn't found the peace he thought he would find after killing Han. It had split his soul to the bone. The pain made more acute by the gnawing presence of his mother's heartbreak in his mind. They had been joined in grief, albeit briefly, over the death of Han Solo. He too, like his mother, hated the monster that had killed Han.

The dark side had failed to bring him his power. He had been crushed by the act and prepared himself to ignore it.

Each tear that had rolled down, burned his face and yet he couldn't bring himself to stop. The shame of his acts crippled him and the wall he built to keep Snoke out was falling apart.

The idea that Snoke might see him this way rattled his mind. He decided to submerge his agony in the orders he had to follow. He had done this before and now would be no different.

Cautious of his surroundings, Kylo ignited his saber to a crimson glare that faintly lit his path. The sound of its power reverberated throughout the old mammoth of a ship and somewhere deep in it, unknown to Kylo Ren, a scavenger dropped her treasure in surprise.

"Unkar lied to me. Someone IS here.", Rey thought, "I'd better get out. That didn't sound too friendly."

Stuffing whatever remained of the treasure she'd collected into her bag, the scavenger used her rope to skid down to the lower levels. She knew this ship inside out; she could definitely slip out of it without drawing the attention of whoever was up there.

Or at least she thought so until she was almost decapitated by the red saber blocking her path. It's owner, perhaps, more confused than the terrified scavenger.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

To be continued.....