Emergencies

all I can think of is Vanessa and the doctors. what happened? what did she do? the doctor starts walking toward us and we all get up instinctively.

"how is she?" Jessica asks concerned.

"is everything okay? what happened?" I ask.

"she's going to be fine." the doctor says.

"oh thank god, I'm sorry who are you?" briana finally says.

"I'm doctor Torez. I will be Vanessa's doctor for her stay here." she responds. "are you her friends? family?"

"we are her friends, we are like family but aren't actually related." kelly explains.

"okay, well someone needs to tell me what happened before the incident." doctor Torez says.

"okay well we were all getting different things to prepare for a birthday party for Nicole. we were planning a surprise party. she was supposed to hang the streamers and tie the balloons. she slipped and fell off of the ladder while hanging a streamer. I was walking over with this glass center piece and I dropped it on her when I saw that she fell off the ladder. it's all my fault." briana explains.

"it's not your fault, you were shocked. please don't think that it's your fault." Jessica comforts her.

"BUT IT IS MY FAULT! I DROPPED THE GLASS ON HER. I MADE HER THE WAY SHE IS." briana half-shouts.

"okay, well she does need to be monitored overnight to make sure that she doesn't develop anything worse than a concussion. you can go in and see her now." doctor Torez says. after saying thank you and asking about other complications, we walk into the room where Vanessa is.

"hey, how you feeling?" I ask.

"I've been better. does anyone want to get me some ice chips? Andrée?"

"damn why am I everyone's slave today!" Andrée exclaims.

"well will you please be a nice person and get me some damn ice chips for the damned crippled?" Vanessa asks andree.

"well only beacuse you're crippled and i like you. But if they just 'accidentally' spill all over the floor im not getting you any more." andree responds using air quotes around the word "accidentally".

"THANK YOU ANDREE!"

"YEAH YEAH, BE GRATEFUL YOU BRAT!" andree yells across the hospital hallway. I've always hated being in hospitals, it reminds me of when my dad died. He was in a serioius car accident with a drunk driver. The driver made an illegal turn and rammed right into my dad's car. I was 13 and it still haunts me to this day. He was honking and my mother screamed. The thing is that i was sitting in the waiting room while both my parents were in surgery and this woman came up to me and comforted me. The doctors walked out and told me that my dad didn't make it, and i was a wreck.

"Nicole, you're daydreaming. Snap out of it." Jessica says.

"Sorry, just having a flashback." I responded a little too fast.

"don't worry, the doctor said that she was going to be fine." briana corresponds.

"yeah I know, I'm just thinking about some stuff." I say.

"I know what you're thinking about, don't worry. I'll be fine." Vanessa says.

she falls into a sleep and we leave.

---------------------------------------------

Author's note-

sorry this was short, I was sitting in class while writing it.

what do you think?