Chapter 3

TOMMY'S POV:

I stuff the last of my things into my suitcase and sigh. Finally. I had been packing for college for the past hour. But it's done now. 

Hunter pokes her head into the room. "You okay?" she asks.

"Yep," I reply. "Just finished packing. I'm gonna leave now, okay?"

Hunter smiles and walks up to me. "I'm gonna miss you so much," she whispers.

"Me too," I reply. "But I'll still text you and we can still visit each other."

"I'm so happy for you," she says. 

"Bye," I say. 

"Goodbye, Tommy," she replies.

And without even hugging her, I run out the room.

//////LATER///////

I've arrived at the college, and to be honest, I'm a little surprised at its vast size. I had gone there to sorta 'audition' for the ability to go there, but I hadn't really looked around the place. Imagine at least fifteen acres of land, covered with schools, houses, restaurants, and parking lots. This whole thing is my school now. It's truly amazing.

However, I don't know where I'm supposed to go...

"Excuse me?" asks a voice.

I turn around. A woman wearing a long black dress has tapped me on the shoulder.

"Hi," she says. "My name is Arlene. Do you know where you're supposed to go?"

"Er, no," I reply.

"Okay... what's your name?"

"Tommy Cheverton," I say. 

Arlene examines her list. "Yup, you're on here. Your dorm is that way, to left. Room 201."

"Thank you, miss," I say, and I walk away from her.

It takes me a pretty long time to actually get to my room. I see a bunch of students on the way, and they all wave to me. Maybe they recognize me from the time I was on TV after I killed Herobrine. Or maybe they're just being nice. Probably that. I look a lot different now than I did nine years ago.

I knock on the door. Nobody answers. I guess nobody's in there. I open the door. 

There is somebody in there. It's a boy. He's not facing me, but by his height, I can tell that he's only maybe a year older than me. His hair is dark brown and he's wearing a grey sweatshirt and denim jeans. 

"Well," the boy says, and I know I recognize that voice from somewhere. "I was wondering when you'd come... Gameknight."

Gameknight? "What?"

The boy turns around in his swivel chair, looks at me, and smirks.

"Herobrine?" I ask.

"Yup!" Herobrine replies. "Happy to see me?"

I think about this question. I am actually happy to see him. But if he doesn't know about my crush, he'll think it's weird if I say that. Instead, I say, "I thought you were gone. What're you doing here?"

"I was gone, but somebody asked for me to be brought back," Herobrine replies. "Since I was going to live in the physical world from now on, I thought I needed to learn some stuff about how life works in this dimension, so what better way to do that than to enroll in college?"

That's actually a pretty smart idea. But it's a pretty big coincidence that after I admit to myself that I really like him, he's my roommate in college. Just sayin'.