Chapter 7

YES, HUNTER SINGS ANOTHER NIGHTCORE SONG IN THIS CHAPTER! THE SONG IS 'THIS LITTLE GIRL'. THE ORIGINAL IS BY CADY GROVES, BUT I LOVED THIS ONE. SHE QUOTED A LINE FROM THIS SONG IN CHAPTER 5. SAME AS LAST TIME, READ THE PART WHERE SHE SINGS IT BEFORE YOU LISTEN TO THE SONG.

HUNTER'S POV:

Before walking out the door, I grab my case for my guitar. And yes, I have a guitar. I bought it yesterday. I was going to perform tonight at some bar close to Gameknight's college. It was an idea I got from watching some romance show. The girl who broke up with her boyfriend tried to make herself feel better by performing her own song in a bar, but the boy was there. I didn't write the song that I was singing, nor did I expect Gameknight to be there, but it was worth a shot. It might actually make me feel better.

I grab my guitar case and run out the door. I get into the car and drive to the bar. My performance isn't until around nine fifteen, but I wanted to get there earlier because for one thing, I was starving, and I need a drink. I don't care if I ain't old enough. That's what people in those movies do, so that's what I'll do. 

I pull up in the parking lot and walk inside. Dang, this must be a pretty edgy bar. All the people here kinda look like me- dressed in black or grey, wearing dark colors of makeup, and doing reckless things. I like this crowd. 

I walk up to the sitter, a girl wearing all black, even her hair. "Hi," I say. "My name's Hunter. I was performing tonight?"

The girl looks down and then back up. "Ah, Hunter. I was told you'd be comin'. You're early."

"I know," I say. "I wanted a quick drink or maybe a snack before I performed."

"Sure," the girl says. "We have a reserved table for performers. Go ahead and sit there, and I'll get a server for you right away."

"Thanks," I say, walking over to the table and sitting down. Not long after, a man comes up and asks me what I want. I order a small beer and a plate of chicken wings. He brings them to my table almost immediately. I eat while keeping my eyes on the clock. I'll have to perform in twenty minutes... fifteen... ten... five minutes...

At three minutes, I leave the table and head backstage. Quickly, I set up my DJ system, exercise my voice, and read over the lyrics a few times. If I screw this up, I will be so disappointed in myself. 

Suddenly, I hear the same girl who sat me yell, "welcome to Dave's Bar, everyone! Now, tonight, we have a special live performer. Her name is Hunter, and she'll be singing 'This Little Girl' by Cady Groves. Please welcome her to the stage!"

I take a deep breath and step out onstage. Everyone claps for me. I plug in the amp for my guitar, tap on the mic to make sure it's working, take a deep breath, and start singing/playing.

You got your keys, but where ya going?
This third degree just isn't workin'.
Cause you walked out without asking me to go
And if I followed you home, would you be alone?

I checked your phone, cause it was beepin'.
Are you alone?
I know you're creepin'.
Cause you walked out without asking me to go
But if I followed you home, I hope you're alone

I'm three steps from the edge, woah
Don't push me over it
Don't you know, don't you know

Every girl is capable of murder if you hurt her
Watch out you don't push me any further, any further
You're not the only one walkin' round with a loaded gun
This little girl is capable of murder cause you hurt her

My hands are clean, not yet a killer
Ain't I your queen?
And did you tell her?
Cause you broke down all my shoulda-known-betters
And then I followed you home, throwin' sticks and stones