Chapter 8

DIAMOND'S POV:

Rylueigh and I wait by the entrance to Tommy and Herobrine's dorm room. They've been gone for longer than I expected them to be gone. I wonder if they went somewhere else on the way back...

Suddenly, the two of them come racing down the hallway, panting and sweating.

"Hey, guys," says Rylueigh. "How was it?"

"Fine," Tommy says. "Look, we need to tell you something."

Herobrine tugs us into the room and locks the door behind us.

"Tommy, what is it?" Rylueigh asks.

He takes a deep breath and says, "Hunter's going to kill me."

"No way!" I yell. "Why?"

"Because she saw me kiss Herobrine," Tommy says. "She got so mad she decided she was gonna kill me."

I run up to Tommy and hug him. "It's gonna be okay," I say. "We'll protect you."

"Thank you," he says. Then, he looks over at his bed. "Aw, crap, I left my wet clothes on the bed. Now the sheet's all wet."

He collapses on the bed, then leaps back up immediately. "Can one thing go right today?"

"You can sleep in my bed with me," Herobrine offers.

"No, it's fine," Tommy says, but then he thinks. "Actually," he says, with that stupid little smirk on his face, "that would be pretty nice."

"You two are gross," Rylueigh says.

"You kidding?" I squeal. "That's so cute!"

"Maybe it's not that gross," Rylueigh admits. But she gives the boys a fierce look. "But WEAR PANTS."

"Don't be ridiculous," I say to her. "Of course they will, right?"

Herobrine and Tommy look at each other. Clearly, they didn't want to wear pants. "Fine," Tommy says defeatedly.

"Good boys," I say like I'm talking to a dog. 

Rylueigh and I leave the room, leaving them alone.

TOMMY'S POV:

We didn't wear pants.

That's literally all I'm going to say about this. We didn't wear pants. 

I couldn't sleep at all. I was still thinking about Hunter. Maybe I shouldn't have shut her out of my life like that. Or if I wanted to, I should have told her that I was breaking up with her. I guess she expected us to marry or something. But I told her that I was crushing on Herobrine, didn't I? 

Herobrine moved closer to me in his sleep. I smiled at him. At least I'm not alone in this situation. Kinda ironic, isn't it? He's tried to kill me while Hunter protected me. Now, he's protecting me from Hunter. That's funny.

Herobrine seems to grab my hand and pull me towards him. I look at him. His eyes are open. I smile at him and snuggle up next to him. For some reason, now I feel a lot better. He whispers into my ear, "don't worry about Hunter. Go to sleep."

I nod and drift off to sleep...

Gameknight woke in a foggy dimension. He recognized it as the Land of Dreams almost immediately, but something was off about it. He wasn't in the normal forest that he usually awoke in. Instead, he was in a building... a very familiar building...

His house! It was his house... but what was happening?

Suddenly, he heard a noise coming from upstairs. It sounded like crying. He walked up the stairs, slowly, and came to the door of Hunter's room. The crying was coming from there. Somehow, he walked through the door, and saw Hunter, sitting on the bed and staring out the window, tears pouring from her emerald-green eyes.