Chapter 10

TOMMY'S POV:

Herobrine and I leave the portal and we're in Minecraft. I look around. We're in a dark cave.

"Where are we?" I ask Herobrine.

"This is where the monster kings (and queen) were hiding out when you spawned into the world. But I changed it so you'll spawn here."

I watch with interest as a ball of light appears at the end of the room. Past-Herobrine and the monsters watch carefully and Past-Me appears in the ball of light as it disappears. Past-Me looks at them and gasps, backing up against the wall.

"H-H-Herobrine!" Past-Me yells, shrinking down to the ground. "Please don't kill me!"

"What's this?" Past-Herobrine snaps. "Who are you?" He studies Past-Me's small nose. "You're not an NPC... but what are you?"

"I'm a user," says Past-Me. "But I'm not using the game... I'm in the game... so I'm a user, but I'm not... so I guess that would make me a User-that-is-not-a-User, I suppose..."

"The boy is crazy," says Xa-Tul, the zombie king. "We should get rid of him."

"Agreed!" Shaikulud, the spider queen says.

"Yeah!" say the skeleton and Enderman king, Reaper and Erebus.

"QUIET!" Past-Herobrine screams. All of the monsters immediately shut up. Past-Herobrine walks towards Past-Me, who cowers. I smile to myself, remembering how badly I had been scared of him. What was wrong with me...?

"You are unusual," Past-Herobrine says. "Where did you come from?"

"My house," Past-Me says. "It's not in this world..."

Past-Herobrine kneels down in front of me. "What's your name?"

"Gameknight999," Past-Me says.

Past-Herobrine smiles. He reaches out his hand.

"Maker, sir, be careful!" Xa-Tul yells. "He could be dangerous!"

"Are you joking, Xa-Tul?" Herobrine snaps. "Look at him. He can't be older than thirteen. He's clearly a wimp-" Past-Me frowns at this "-he won't be able to do anything to me. However..."

He looks at Past-Me.

"You could be useful," he says. "We're having a war against the NPCs. They're not letting us into their villages. It's like they're...gosh, what's the word...discriminating against us because we're monsters."

"That's kinda mean," Past-Me says.

"It is," Past-Herobrine says. "And they said they're going to destroy all of the monsters, even the children. I know as a whatever-you-are, you've been raised to fear me and the monsters. But we aren't really bad. We just want what's rightfully ours- Minecraft. We would gladly share with the NPCs, but they've made it very clear that they don't want us around. That's why we need to get rid of them. Will you help us?"

"HELP US?!" Erebus screeches. "My good Maker, have you any idea what could happen? He could be a spy for the NPCs; he looks just like them but with a smaller nose!"

"Did I give my permission for you to speak?!" Past-Herobrine yells, taking out a bow and shooting Erebus in the shoulder. "No, I did not, so hold your tongue!"

Erebus yanks the arrow out of his arm and says, "yes, Maker."

"Anyway, back to us," Past-Herobrine says, turning back to Past-Me. "Join me. I'd make sure nobody would ever hurt you. You would be completely safe with us." He puts his hand on Past-Me's shoulder.