Chapter 07

Beep… Beep.. Beep…

Jeonghan groaned at the sound of the alarm clock that had just ruined his morning. Lazily, he reached out for it to shut it off and realized that he was really home by then. The alarm clock sounds more ridiculous than Seungkwan waking him up from his deep slumber and that was just unusual.
He intended to sleep more but his mind keeps reminding him of the country side.

“Hah. This is so not me.” He sat up on his bed ruining his already ruined hair and staring at nothingness for a while. When he started feeling the energy crawling up on his body, he headed towards the bathroom connected to his room and started washing his face as well as brushing his teeth.
Like the usual, the empty house was there. There was no smell of breakfast being prepared and no presence could even be felt.

I wonder what will happen if I invited them here. Jeonghan thought and shook his head upon the realization of what he just said. He took the stairs downward and went to the kitchen to spot the same paper that contains the contact of the restaurant he usually orders to. Like the usual, he ordered ramyeon for his breakfast and he was back to his original routine which involves activities that doesn’t even involve moving your body.

He decided to stay home that day and though his mother insisted that he come and visit to the hospital because his father was looking for him, he refused maybe because they will probably be home by the end of the week. It was a rainy Wednesday that day and suddenly, he was reminded of the frogs his uncle told him about right before he left.

It was funny how he misses those normal stuffs all of a sudden. He was sure that he was rude with his cousins and always go against their stuff but somehow that added to the bond that he least expected to be formed. To forget all those stuffs that just made him gloomy; he contacted the same friend, Minghao because that day was the day that the karaoke night will happen.

“So are you up?” Minghao asked on the line.
“Of course. It’s been a while.” Jeonghan said.
“Shoot. I’m telling everyone. There will be girls there and perhaps the fun will be doubled with them being there.” Minghao said excitedly. “So meet me in front of the station at 6 in the evening.”
“Sure.” Jeonghan smiled.
And make sure you keep up for those times you were not there.” He heard some clicking sound and he already know what that means. They were going to buy liquor illegally once again.

Jeonghan sighed and let the time passed by as he waited for 6pm. He spent few hours playing with his Xbox being toilet and eating as his only break. It feels like a ridiculously long time that he did that and he was confused of his punctuality.
6 pm arrived and he picked the most comfortable clothes he could wear. He stuck with the mint green hoodie, black skinny jeans and white vans shoes since there was also a bit of rain and somehow, the nights have started getting cold. He brought his credit card with him and he was off, this time not bringing his car because the rain could cause some traffic on the way.
He took the bus towards the shopping district of the town where he currently lived in and like the usual, it was packed with people and he had to stand up along the way. The never ending series of people didn’t seem to decrease at all as his location got nearer and what more, the bus was now more crowded than usual. In the last stop, at least three guys entered in once again and now that was the reason Jeonghan regretted never bringing his car with him.
Like what he expected, there was some traffic on the way. Not too much but enough to stress him out because of the clammy feel inside the bus and the noise people around him were producing. He started to feel irritated and almost snapped at the person standing beside him only if something didn’t catch his attention. Somehow, he caught glimpse of this guy sitting in the front part of the same bus, wearing a white earphone on him and does resemble Joshua a lot. He wasn’t sure if his eyes were just playing tricks on him so he intently stared at the person’s direction not realizing that they already pulled into a stop.
People around starting taking off the bus one by one and the same person were one of the few who managed to exit fast and disappeared into the big crowd of people. Due to curiosity, Jeonghan eagerly pushed his way making people throw dirty look of irritation towards him that he just ignored.