Chapter 13

Days were passing by quickly in front of Joshua’s eyes and there isn’t any day that he waited for Jeonghan to appear before him. He didn’t say anything and just disappeared and Joshua thought that perhaps, Jeonghan had enough of him but then the day before Jeonghan disappeared on him they had a nice conversation, they even promised to see each other again the next day.

Joshua could only wait in silence as he clutched the book he once showed Jeonghan the second time they met each other. The memories were still vivid inside his head and sometimes, he would smile remembering how Jeonghan was disappointed because he realized that Joshua was not a God. But now he wanted to be a God because if he was, then maybe it will be easier for him to find Jeonghan.

“That book again.” It was Mingyu who appeared on the wooden patio where Joshua was seated. It has become his favorite place because he could clearly see the sun beaming there during mornings, he could watch the birds fly and he could go stargazing during evenings. By now, he was used to the presence of the three brothers and he was used how Jun hated him.

“It’s the only thing I could save.” Joshua smiled sadly, caressing the old book and admiring it as if it was the last thing he wanted to lose. “And it reminds me of a friend.”
“A friend.” Mingyu snorted.
“He’s really nice though and he knows many things just like you guys.” Joshua beamed.
“Are you sure he’s nice? I mean he is really foul mouthed. He can’t really stop running his mouth when it comes to insults and he’s only a pretty face.” Mingyu said shaking his head. He then frowned realizing that Joshua all of a sudden remained quiet and when he looked at him, his eyes were bulging with interest. “What?” Mingyu sweats.
“D..Do you know him? D.. do you know my friend?” Joshua asked shakily. It’s as if he’s about to cry with excitement.
“I guess so.” Mingyu shrugged. “But maybe it is a different person.”
“No. It’s only him who often visits me at the shrine.” Joshua admitted still sounding hopeful and Mingyu regretted what he just told Joshua.
“So can you tell me about that book?” Mingyu pointed. He doesn’t want to answer to Joshua anymore because he was scared what was to happen if he ever figured out that Jeonghan was known to them. Joshua quickly took the bait and then he smiled opening the first page of the book and telling the same boring made-up story towards Mingyu.

“Who wrote that?” Mingyu interrupted since he was really feeling drowsy from listening to Joshua’s story.
“My great grandfather.” Joshua said with a smile flipping to the next page when a photo flew out from it. Mingyu was the one to catch it and immediately handled it to Joshua.
“What is that?” Mingyu peeked and in the photo, there were two people in it. People whom the both can’t recognize and the fading colors of it were not helping.
“I don’t know either maybe it was my father’s? It was in his possession back then until he decided to just keep it in the storage room.” Joshua said, checking on the photos as well. He saw the familiar form of his father and he beamed upon seeing him. “That’s father!”
“Where?” Mingyu asked, a frown immediately crossing his face when he saw that the man Joshua was referring seems to be a human. “It’s surprising that he’s normal.”
“Yes.” Joshua smiled.
“This is dated 1995 perhaps the day you were born? I mean the bundles and everything. But why is there two.” Mingyu asked.
“Maybe that’s my brother. It’s really surprising that this picture exist.” Joshua beamed while Mingyu stares at him confusedly.
“Wait.. So you’re telling me you have a brother? Does he look like you?”
“No. He’s special. He’s really kind though and father always smiles whenever he’s around.” Joshua sighed feeling a bit of envy towards his brother.
“Then who’s the old lady in that picture?” Mingyu once again asked.
“I don’t know. She’s not familiar with me.” Joshua frowned.

The photo has now become Joshua’s treasure. He was taking good care of it and every night before he sleeps he would stare at it and talk to it as if it could answer him. His father was not smiling in that picture at all, he was scowling as he carried one bundle and then there’s the lady who was smiling happily as she held another one. He has never seen that picture before since he refused touching his father’s things expecting him to come back but he never did. The only day Joshua opened that storage room was when Jeonghan asked him of that strange tale and then he was reminded of the old book he was now keeping.