Chapter 17

XVII.

"You've been hanging out here a lot." It was Jihoon.

Jihoon was once again seated in one of the tables outside the coffee shop. Just this time, Jeonghan was seated adjacent to him, expression that of deep thinking and though he doesn't care, it was obvious that this person in front of him has got something in mind that time. He decided to remain quiet, fiddling with his laptop yet again but flinched when Jeonghan slammed his fists on the wooden table, distracting not just Lee Jihoon but some customers as well.

"Lend me some money." Jeonghan said.

Lee Jihoon frowned, adjusted his glasses and cleared his throat.

"Look. If you're here to mooch some money from me, I can't tolerate you. I've got enough of those thugs emptying my pockets out and I don't need you doing the same thing." Jihoon said nonchalantly. He then grabbed his phone from his pockets and started dialing numbers.

"Hey what are you doing?" Jeonghan panicked.

"I'm calling the cops so they could arrest you." Jihoon said but Jeonghan was quick. He grabbed Jihoon's phone and cancelled the call before it went through.

Jihoon sighed.

"Look. To be very honest with you, I didn't expect you to be that way Jeonghan." Jihoon shook his head.

"What are you even saying?" Jeonghan cocked a brow.

"Plus, your family is very rich so how come that you're leeching money from me? You, of all people don't need it."

"I left home." Jeonghan said but Jihoon's expression didn't change at all. "I've got enough. I think it's time for me to leave."

"Is that your resolve?" Jihoon said.

"I don't know. I am not sure but I think I have to do it. Sure, we're rich but I am fucking dying here." Jeonghan spat bitterly.

"So what will you do with the money you'll borrow from me?" Jihoon asked.

"I'm going to disappear." Jeonghan said.

"Hmm.. Based on your expression, I could tell that you wanted to escape, help someone else, perhaps elope with them. So who's the lady? I should know at least so this can come beneficial for me." Jihoon muttered.

"Is that all you've got in your head? Ruining people?" Jeonghan snapped. "I am being a pathetic bastard here, begging you for some help, shutting down my damn pride—Like can you just help me out?"

"With that attitude of yours.. I guess—"

"Please."

Jihoon remained quiet and once again studied Jeonghan's expression before releasing a deep sigh.

'I don't know what you're up to but don't drag me into this." He said, standing up and going inside the shop, ignoring Jeonghan's circumstances and being a mere stranger to him.

---

It's been two days since Jeonghan left home and whatever call his mom made to check out on him, he would reject them. Probably, as punishment, his credit cards were all cut off and even his mobile plans but he could care less about it. His first concern here is to make Jisoo feel better even a little bit.