Chapter 15

Joshua, having finally some clue about his father and perhaps his brother’s whereabouts because of the photograph he saw set off towards the house of the midwife whom they found on the photo together with Joshua’s father. He was rather excited as well as nervous as he thought that maybe it would be her who could tell him the truth about his family. Joshua never heard of his father talking about his mother but his resentment to the boy was too obvious. The reason behind that was unknown to Joshua and maybe, if he could find the old lady then maybe he could hear the answers that he was looking for.

----

They; Mingyu, Wonwoo and Joshua all stood up when Soonyoung’s grandmother appeared on the front door. She was the same woman in the photo but she was really old and the scowl on her face wasn’t making anything better. They all greeted her in courtesy as her eyes wandered on the three of them making them stood on their ground nervously.  Soonyoung on the other hand realized that his grandma was once again scaring people off. He already told her many times that scowling and sneering at people was really unpleasant but she kept on doing it like what she did on the three guys in front. 

“I told you to not to scare people off like that. This is the reason why my friends don’t want to come here anymore. You always scare them.” Soonyoung sighed. “They’re not here for me though, they’re here for you.” He followed but his grandma refused to change her expression.

“You all look strange to me.” She said with her raspy voice as she kept on observing the three boys in front of her, her frown deepened when her eyes found Joshua. She thought that he was a strange man because of what he was wearing but the same thought goes towards Mingyu and Wonwoo who only stood still under her gaze.
“The boy with the sun glasses is really suspicious. In this hot weather you wore that? Ah seriously. Come on now inside.” She croaked, smiling evilly as she shook her head. She then went inside her house still laughing because of Joshua’s weird outfit.

Soonyoung looked rather embarrassed because of his grandma. Joshua saw him scratching his head as he helped them inside.

“Please leave your shoes’ outside. She doesn’t like it when the house gets dirty.” Soonyoung said and the three was quick to follow him.

The inside of the house was indeed clean. The wooden floor was too shiny that you could see your reflection on it, the things were properly arranged and no dust could be found on the cabinets where decorations were put together. On the walls were photos of people, perhaps the family who lives in the house that includes Soonyoung and his grandmother. The living room looks quite fresh and bright because of the mint flowery curtains that move together with the breeze from the open windows. They nestled themselves on sofa, Soonyoung on one couch as they waited for his grandmother who was then by the kitchen. Soonyoung’s eyes then found Joshua. He hasn’t removed the sunglasses yet and the hood was still on his head so Soonyoung had to ask Wonwoo who was the nearest on him. 

“Is he a hallyu star? A trainee perhaps?” Soonyoung asked with a frown. Mingyu caught of his question and started giggling, Joshua, busy wandering his eyes on the place. 
“Maybe.” Wonwoo said chuckling. His smile quickly disappeared when he saw the old lady approaching where they were.

She returned carrying a tray filled with a plate of cookies and small biscuits, a few glasses for the drinks and cold lemonade in a see-through flowery pitcher. She nestled it on the low wooden coffee table and sat on the couch which was the nearest towards Joshua. Joshua flinched when she saw her but he forced an awkward smile on his face. The old lady then went and looked at her visitors. This time she was smiling and there was no sign of the earlier scowl in her face. She seems to be suddenly in a good mood that confused everyone in that room except her and Soonyoung of course.