Chapter 18

"To be honest. I don't want you here anymore." It was Jun.

It was only Jun and Joshua left in the family house since the couple had somewhere to go once again, the other boys, attending school and it just happened that Jun was sick that day. Joshua's work somehow halted because of the increase of new people doing the necessary labor needed in tending on the greenhouse so he had no choice but to stay firm at that home once again.

"I apologize for the inconvenience." Joshua said quietly.

"You know what? The sooner you leave, the better. I just hate seeing you stay here when you're not even part of the family." Jun coughed, rolling his eyes irritably.

Joshua, though not saying anything felt a bit hurt by Jun's words. Since he was a kid, nobody wanted to be with him, to make friends with him and oftentimes, he was often called a monster, a freak by people who accidentally saw him and it has become remarkable in his memories. At first, dealing with people has become difficult for him because it's been years since he socialized with people and the last person he befriended with immediately disappeared without even saying goodbye.

"B..But I don't know where I should go." Joshua muttered.

"Is that my problem? You're even old enough to live on your own so I wonder how you're mooching from my family when all you're causing is inconvenience and trouble. Have you heard the neighbors talk about you? About a rebel living in here. Psh. What a bother." Jun retorted.

They were seated in the living room, Joshua at a distance where Jun won't be able to throw a punch at him because the longer he lived with the guy, he realized that Jun was rather violent. Since it was a household of guys, it was impossible not to see guys fighting each other and there were times that the brothers would just kick and punch each other out of nowhere. Joshua has become a victim of Mingyu's accidental kick when he was about to kick Jun so he was kind of afraid what if Jun decided that it was better for him to punch Joshua.

Joshua took a deep sigh. He was aware how he's bothering the family but there isn't anything that he can do to leave. He barely even have enough money to leave but he has this thought that he's being a burden to the family and that's what Jun has been saying.

His eyes wandered on the open glass sliding door next to him and watched the small pitter-patter of rain fall on the ground. In the middle of the awkward silence between Jun and Joshua and the buzzing of the open television playing some cartoons that doesn't make sense, they heard the front door open.

Jun raised his brows but didn't dare look at Joshua for confirmation. There were people talking in the front door rather animatedly. It was Jun's mom and dad and someone else he can't tell who. It was possible that it was just another family visitor but then how come that it was sudden.

To their surprise, Eunbi came on the living room carrying a luggage and appearing next to her was Jeonghan.

"What the hell! Why are you back!" Jun groaned and automatically, he received a hit on his head from his mom not considering the sickness at all.

Joshua's eyes fell to wonder as he stared at the familiar face of someone in front of him. He can't stop staring and though Jeonghan didn't notice him at first because he was busy insulting Jun as well, the same reaction was observed in Jeonghan's eyes when they met with Joshua.

Both of them were shocked with the turn of events. Joshua's eyes remained fixed on Jeonghan's eyes as they stared at each other long enough for Jun to notice.