Chapter One

Hope you enjoy! x

~

All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 1 (Maisley's POV)

Summer's in one minute. One minute until I leave this school, this prison. One minute until I find out. I hear a soft chant from behind me.

5..

4..

3..

2..

1!

The bell rings and all the crazy teens that I call my classmates shove eachother out the room.

"Hurry Kelli!" I burst through the double doors, her hand tangled into mine.

I run back home, losing her hand on the way. Please please please. I whine. This is all I've been waiting for, all my bestfriends and I actually. As soon as I reach the black tin box, I open the little door.

"Are they there?" asks Kelli, panting.

Junk Mail.

Coupon.

Bill.

Bill.

"Oh my.." I hold up the package in the air.

"WE WON?!" She screams.

"WE WON!" I scream back.

We're flooding the lawn with tears of joy. Finally! I think to myself, I get what I want! Thank you fate, believing, dreaming, and of course God.

"Come on!" I open the gate and pull Kelli inside my flat.

"MUMMY WE WON!" I say, my voice trembling.

"You did?!" She turns around, with a knife in her hand.

"Before you hug me, I suggest you put the knife down." I joke.

"Well, of course!" She brushes her hands on her apron and grabs Kel and I into a hug.

She smells of cookies, cream, mint, and fresh strawberries. My favourite smells.

"Maisley, I'm so happy for you!" She smiles.

"I wanna see you open it!"

I throw my pouch onto the floor and sit on the wooden chair. I lay the box on the table, Kelli and Mum watching me. I tear it open, not caring if I was making a mess. I rip off the final strip of tape.

"Here we go.." I open the box slowly.

There it is.