Chapter 8

Layla's Pov
————————————————————
You never know what it's like to lose someone till it happens. You always here ppl talk about it never expecting it to happen but here I am alone sitting in my room/ closet crying cause I lost my best friend . Then I heard it . The weird beeping noise for an alert go off AGAIN in just one day . I looked at my phone to see 3 missing kid / amber alerts on it .

I don't know what's happening right now but that's three kids not related and a block away from us. I don't even think those kids know each other but hell who knows. I look out my window to see my little sister running ?

First I think nothing of it until I here her scream. I run down the stairs as fast as possible. Thinking it was a good idea I run outside with a lighter . I see a masked figure about to attack my sister . I instantly run at him but feel someone grab my arms and start dragging me . Why no one is seeing this i have no idea . I turn best I can and knew the person where the sun didn't shine. There grip losses and I falls to the ground .

I quickly get up and run after my sister only to see Mack running out of her house (since we are neighbors). She looks confused for a second before darting to my sister . She kicks the guy and pushes him off her to the ground . Then I hear a heart stopping noise . Mack falls to the ground limp and loosing color from her face .

I wake up sweating and crying. I run to my sisters room where I find her curled in a ball under her sheets snoring away. I sit next to her and end up falling asleep next to her smiling .
—————————————————

I wake up to see my sister jumping on the bed . Saturday's so awesome. I grab her and pull her into a hug.

"Hey let me go !!" She yells at me in a playful tone .

"Let's go to the community pool sis leave mom here ?" I say not wanting to get beat up today .

"Fiiiine." She sighs and goes to get dressed as do I .

I think about Mack as I grab my sisters hand and start walking to the pool . Once we get there my sister runs off with her goggles and I just smile . I sit back and watch her swim and I grab my phone and call Mack .
Ring

Ring

Ring

Me: hey Mack how are you doing.

Mack : nows not the time * punching noises and a groan*

Me : are you ok ?

Mack : peachy what do u want . *cussing and then a groan in Mack's voice *

Me: Mack please I'm sorry

Mack : * shuffles and muffles than a guy voice mumbles you lost give me the money*

Me: Mack?

Mack : * in a weak voice * I'll I'm talk to you later . * noises of sirens and the guy again your welcome for calling them he says then a bunch off footsteps and the line goes dead .

"Mack" I mumble tears in my eyes .

___________________________
Crush chapter ok I know but Im tired and I'm sorry for not updating in a while a lots been going on and I'm emotionally broken at the moment but hey who cares. I'll see you guys soon!! Vote comment and share 🤩🤩😄