The Wish

Dark Lord snaps and suddenly he is in a cold hallway, the darkness swirling and the light barely seen. He continues walking down the hall.

Alek, puts a hand to his mouth, stopping his voice. He holds his hands together tightly, following still.

The air feels empty around him, and Dark Lord finally speaks "So what is your final wish?"

"Final?" He looks to The Dark Lord, feelings as if he was underwater, but he set that aside, focusing on what he wanted. "The... the seven sins... I want them freed..."

Dark Lord shakes his head "The wishes need to be something I can do. I have no control over Melophiles children. Something else."

Alek looks to the ground, thinking once more. "I... I want free passage between the real world and the underworld... the ability to return at will..."

"Once again, I can not do that. Ruins balance."

Alek wants to choose correctly, his mind swarming with possibilities. "Can I... can I see Bridgette Ashtree... and Nixxiom..."

"... if that is your wish." Dark Lord snaps and they appear in a large room with torches along the walls. Even with the torches, there is still hardly any light. Torture machines lay on the ground and Nixxioms arms are chained to the ceiling, his legs dangling and weak. He is shaking. "Bridgette is being delivered to me now..." Dark Lord looks at Alek "You may wait."

Alek's face pales. "Y-your plan... what is it..." His hands move to his mouth as he takes an unbalanced step forward.

"That wasn't your wish..." Dark Lord watches Alek carefully. Alek looks to him, his eyes set. "You told me you would explain in private, I still expect as much."

He notices timber in the corner, covered in chains. Timber is whimpering and shaking, his eyes wide with terror and anger "I-i know what he's going to do, I know what he's going to do...." he mumbles this phrase to himself. Dark Lord looks at Alek "Then, you changed your wish. It isn't my fault."

"Then let me speak to the Ashtrees and Timber privately. Bridgette isn't here yet, my wish hadn't finalized." Alek lifts his head, determined.

Dark Lord hesitates then shakes his head "You wished to SEE the Ashtrees, not speak to them. Although I will let you speak with timber, he is of no threat to me."

Alek looks to Timber. "I accept, yet I still hold to seeing Bridgette as well."

He nods "That is acceptable."
Timber doesn't seem to notice the speaking and he holds himself tightly, shaking and growling.

Alek glances to Nixxiom and clenches his jaw. "I'd like to speak privately with him, if he is no threat."

He hesitates again before nodding and disappearing.

Alek rushes to Timber, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Timber, Timber you have to listen to me."

Timber looks at him sharply and glares. "Y-you hurt her. YOU HURT HER! LET GO OF ME YOU WORTHLESS FOOL!" He shoves Alek's arm away.

"Timber, tell me what he is planning." Alek says sharply. His eyes scanned Timber, unsure.

Timber growls and trembles, the chains weakening him "T-that idiot... n-no one is allowed to hurt her except me..." he winces and holds his stomach, snarling "The fool w-wishes for more slaves...." he falls back and sweat runs down his cheek as he struggles to stand "A-Ashtree slaves..." The door suddenly shoots open and in walks Maxim with Bridgette in his arms. He chains her up like Nixxiom and she squirms, kicking and yelling "I DONT WANNA BE HERE LET ME GO!!!" 

Alek stands, turning. "Maxim! Hold on just a moment."

Maxim scoffs and continues "No." He finishes and Bridgette cries tears of fear and anger. Maxim chuckles and looks at Alek "Why are ya here anyway?"

Alek steps up to Maxim, trying hard not to let Bridgette's crying get to him. "I was granted permission. I also needed to speak with you, it's quite important."

"Pfft. Dont care." He turns to leave, and Bridgette looks at Alek in shock. She cries more and struggles harder. "WHY IS HE HERE?!"

Alek glances to Bridgette but turns back to Maxim, following after him.

"You do care about Nixxiom, am I correct?"

"Nope. Kept going on and on about Bridgette. I'm sick of him shaming me all the time. So get lost and stop bothering me." Dark Lord walks in as Maxim leaves, and he looks at Alek. "You're here still. I thought your wish was full."

Alek's face falls. "Wait that can't be... surely I can... I just..."

Dark Lord sighs and snaps. Four puppets walk in and two grab Alek, yanking him out the door. "I'm putting you in prison until I know what to do with you."

Alek tries to pull away, turning his head to Bridgette, his face still determined. "I will make things right! I will fix this! Stay strong!"

She looks away from him, unable to stare him in the face as tears stream down her cheeks. The puppets pull harder and take him to a dungeon with a wooden door that locks with chains. They toss him inside, then Timber in as well, shutting the door and chaining it up.

*********

A/N: BRO BONDING TIME IS NEXT HEHEHE!!!