The Argument

The door opens the moment Alek pours the water, and Bridgettes eyes widen as Death gasps beside her. "ALEK!" Percy screams and falls to the ground, holding his body and screaming with pain.  Bridgette runs in with shock and anger. Death rushes in and shuts the door, looking at Alek with shock. He then smiles and chuckles a bit but Bridgette is trembling with tears in her eyes from horror.

Alek straightens his back, raising his head as he moves to the sink, cleaning up the water and ingredients Percy left out. "Apologize~" Alek hums.

Bridgette stands up sharply and looks at Alek with pinned ears "ALEKAR YOU APOLOGIZE! RIGHT THIS MOMENT!" She stomps up to him "WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU DOING?!?! WHY IN HECK WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING!?!" Her eyes are pained and furious. Death continues chuckling as he goes to help Percy who is shaking and steaming.

Alek just shrugs, smiling to himself as he cleans the counter. "He can explain. Actually!" Alek turns around. "Death would you mind?"

"Alek!" Tears are in Bridgettes eyes and she looks pained "Why are you acting like this?! You just poured boiling water on Percy!" She trembles and looks at Death. Death shakes his head and looks slightly disappointed in Alek "This isn't my fight Alek." Bridgette whimpers and turns sharply to Alek "GET OUT! GET OUT OF HERE! YOU KNOW WHAT?! MAYBE I SHOULD RECONSIDER OUR MARRIAGE IF YOU'RE HARDLY GOING TO CARE ABOUT THIS POOR MAN!"

Alek's face turns to confusion and he steps back. "Poor man? Bridgette, that man insulted you! He was only trying to use you again!"

"You're lying to me Alek! Percy knows how to help us find mama and papa! AND YOU POURED BOILING WATER ON HIM THEN HIT HIS HEAD WITH THE POT!" She shoves him, tears rolling down her cheeks "How could you do such a thing!?!?" She trembles with anger "Look at how careless you are being!!! This is NOT the man I love! And I don't know where he is right now. So until he comes back, I WILL NOT MARRY YOU!" She turns sharply and trembles clenches her fists with a broken heart. Percy stares at the ground and his skin is red and his eyes bloodshot.

Alek's eyes fill with regret as he tries to explain. "Bridgette please try to understand-"

She turns to face him again with her tear filled eyes slits. She presses a shaking finger to his chest and gets up in his face "Fine. You know what? Whatever. Go ahead Alek! Explain why you poured boiling water on one of my best friends after I told you two to make up!"

"He is not your friend! He only is trying to use you for his own gain! He told me himself!" Alek looked at her, his eyes begging.

She scoffs and pulls back from him "Oh really? Is that what this is? Oh okay I'll just forgive you then and pretend everything is okay!" Her voice is laced with sarcasm and she trembles with anger and pain "NO ALEK! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! HE WAS GOING TO HELP US ALEKAR! HE WAS GOING TO HELP US AND YOUR STUPID PRIDE GOT IN THE WAY! Just like when I almost killed myself!" She shoves past him.

"Bridgette please! Would I lie to you?" He took a step towards her.

"I don't know anymore Alek. Because I don't know who YOU are." She looks at him with lowered ears and sharp eyes. "I just watched a stranger burn Percy for no reason. Alek would have a valid reason. And I loved him. Who the hell are you?"

Alek hands were shaking and he opened his mouth, wanting to speak as he looked at Percy. "B-but he..."

Percy is holding himself tightly and shaking, still in pain. His eyes are wide and they stare at the ground. Death turns to the door for a moment and Percy winks at Alek for a moment before going into his pained state again. Bridgette continues looking darkly at Alek. "I told him I was marrying YOU. Only YOU. But guess what Alek? No. I refuse your proposal until you can prove you're not an IGNORANT CHILD!"

Alek laughs spitefully. "Me? Ignorant?" His face falls cold. "If you won't bother trying to listen to me, I'll figure this out on my own! I'll get Nixxiom and Maria back and you can just stay with this JOKE! Just don't blame me when you figure out I'm telling the truth!"  He shouts, shaking his head and pushing past everyone, throwing open the door and leaving.

Bridgette jolts at his tone and trembles. Tears roll down her face and Deaths eyes widen. He rushes after Alek. "Alekar wait."

Alek walks a little farther before not knowing what to do, he shut his eyes tightly, holding his hand over his eyes as he stood in the middle of the street. His breathing was shallow and shaking.

Death follows him and stops a few feet behind him, walking slower. He sees Alek and stops completely. He hesitates before turning and going back to the house.

******

A/N: Hehehehehehe