Chapter One: Flashback

This book an beyond is set in the year 2014. The baby was born May 30th, 2014.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Roc's POV

The moment I said those words to the doctor I saw a fist and felt my teeth gnash against my tongue as I was punched, more like uppercut in the jaw by some guy.

"That's for fucking my sister! And for deserting her and denying the baby!" Myles' voice rang in my ears and was considerably deeper than it was when I last heard him.

I didn't fall, but I did stumble back a bit as the copper taste of blood filled my mouth.

"Myles." Breanna's dad glared at him, "Now is not the time."

"She might never wake up! Fuck you mean this aint the time?!"

"If another altercation occurs, we may have to have you escorted out," the doctor looked bewildered.

"Naw that ain't gonna be necessary," Myles cracked his knuckles and plopped back in the waiting room chair.

"Damn kid," I spit blood into a nearby trashcan, but it soon filled my mouth again and I looked at the doctor for help. "Hit like a grown ass man."

Ten minutes later I have three stitches in my tongue and it feels heavy.

When I get off the bed, I see Lolo crouched down by the wall crying.

"Whath wong?" I tap her and she looks up at me and glares at me.

"You better not be lying and take care of that baby." She starts to cry harder, "They both look so fragile."

I roll my tongue over my lip, it's numbed so I barely feel it except for the wetness.

I walked over to the nurse who stitched me up and stand there for a moment. I don't know who I should see first. Breanna or the baby.

That's when it truly hits me. That I'm a father. And all the actions I did, come and hit me in the face.

******

6 Months Earlier

"Aww my poor baby," Nyla croons into my ear, as she has her hands wrapped around me and pressed ice on my mouth. "The bitchy little brat hit you, I'm sorry baby." She kisses my forehead.

"Naw baby I should be holding you," I look up at her cheek which is swelling as she sits. "Hold on," I peck her on her other cheek and get up.

I walk upstairs and into the kitchen. "You're so fucked up." Keisha hisses as soon as she walks in, punching me squarely in the chest.

"Man I'm tired of y'all females putting ya hands on me!" I catch my breath and glare at her.

"Nigga I can do whatever the fuck I want! This my house dude!" She slams something down on the table, "What the fuck you thinking?!"

I look to where she slammed her hand down and see two pictures in black and white, mostly black, but it's obvious what it is.

"It wasnt planned! Me and Ny ain't tryna have no kids!"

"Bullshit Chresanto! You know damn well Nyla aint been to no goddamn doctor! Bet her ass ain't even pregnant! I'm talking about Breanna you bastard!" She threw the pictures at me, "You know damn well that baby is yours and you got your head so stuck up Nyla's ass you being reckless and saying shit you know ain't true."

I glared at her, "That baby ain't mine! Don't tell me you believe her lying hoe ass!?"

Right after they left my mouth I regretted it. Keisha slapped me so hard I hit the front of the fridge, "Get the fuck out! You and your little dumbass lying trick! I know she's not pregnant! She's lying to your dum--" she didn't finish the word, "She's lying to you! And I ain't gon sit here and let you bring her bitch ass in here! So unless you come back alone, don't come back!"