Chapter Two: Blurred Vision

Myles' POV

I'm sitting in Bre's room. They've moved her to a floor filled with other pregnant or new mothers that are in conditions like Bre.

I'm holding the baby, and I can't help but cry. Her birth was extraordinary, the doctor said. She had been born the normal way.

When I asked, the doctor explained that even comatose the body's natural functions work. They couldn't even perform the C-Section because it happened so fast. One minute the baby was stable and Bre wasn't in any indication to give birth, and the next her water's broken and she's already 10 centimeters. I find it odd the doctors didn't check to see if she was in labor, but I'm no doctor.

The doctor said that when they realized that, they had no choice but to wheel her into the surgery room, but before they did that a nurse said se could see the head, and my niece was almost here.

The doctor said that her muscles worked just fine and did what they were supposed to do, which is how my niece came into the world.

It's gross and disgusting, but she wasn't staying inside any longer. I already knew her name too. Bre told me what it was, she said it everyday.

And I hoped and prayed that my niece, was ready to be in this world, exposed to its cruelness and everything that came along with it.

She was so soft and little. Little but tough, she had no choice not to be.

I held Bre's hand with my one hand not holding the baby. Her heartbeat was strong as ever according to the monitor, and she looked like she was breathing, she just wouldn't wake up.

But I needed her too, we all needed her too.

******

Lolo's POV

"Do you need anything Laurielle?" I looked up to see Mr. Carter with a Starbucks card in his hand.

I checked my watch, it was almost 8 in the morning, "Just a little thing of milk and oatmeal, for Cruz," I looked at my baby who yawned but didn't wake.

"You gotta eat too," he nodded.

"The same I guess then, but a strawberry and cream latte please," I took a twenty out of my pocket but he shook his head.

"I got it," then he left.

I yawned and stretched, walking over to where Cruz lay curled up in a waiting room chair. He normally woke up at 8:30, but I was gonna wake him so he could go see his new god sister and get cleaned up.

"Mommy is she here yet?" He yawned as we walked into the bathroom 5 minutes later.

We were in Bre's room's bathroom, he hasn't fully awaken until we got in the bathroom so I had time to tell him about her injuries.

"Yep, she's here, she's in the nursery with her uncle. They took her to get a bath and change her clothes."

"Oh," he said, apparently I was sufficient enough for him. "Where's Bwe?"

I sighed as I ran his bath water, "Remember when I said Bre got hurt while she was driving?"

"Yeah, you say big truck hit her."

"Yeah," I nodded, "Well when people get hurt where do they go?"

He thought for a moment, "The hopital!"

"Yeah, the hospital." I helped him take off his clothes, "Well, that's where we are. Bre's in the hospital cause she got hurt real bad. And now she's sleeping."

"Sweeping?" He put his hands together and under his ear as if he were sleeping.

"Yeah, sleeping," I emphasized the 'l', "She won't be waking up for a long time though."