Epilogue

The End.

_____________________________________________________________________________

The lights in the room flicked on to the dimmest setting and the nurse walked over to the big window, opening the curtains. It was 9AM and someone had sent the patient another bouquet of flowers with an Edible Arrangement for the nurses to snack on.

The sun streaked in over the floor and the bed and the nurse, who's name was Emily, smiled softly and went to retrieve the iPod the patient's family sent, along with the iHome.

Everyday they were required to play a playlist to help simulate the brain waves, a bunch of Classical music Emily herself would call violinic trash.

Today was actually the patient's last day in the hospital, she was going to be moved to a hospice that was better suited and less expensive for her.

Emily sighed, even though he had never met the beautiful girl, she'd hoped that he would somehow pull out of the coma. She looked too young and beautiful to be stuck in a bed for the rest of her life.

She'd seen her file and knew that the girl had had a life before this, she was pregnant. The father had come but Emily hadn't worked the day he came. According to some nurses who were around, he was pretty good looking and the baby was adorable. She would be about four months by now.

Emily lifted the patients bed and changed the pillows, rolling her eyes at the music choice as she went back to the closet to get the suitcase of clothes the patient's father sent a while back.

Emily looked at all the options, wondering what would look right. She looked back over at the girl and studied her face for a moment, when she saw a movement, her eyebrow scrunched.

Emily shook her head and looked back to the girls perfectly still face, 'Get it together Em, she's in a coma.'

Emily chose a pair of black jeggings and a pair of sneakers, she wasn't into shoes like that so she picked a pair of black ones with pink and orange accents.

She looked through the girls shirts, picking up a bra as well, when she jumped.

"What the hell are you picking out?" A soft voice muttered out.

"Oh Jess, it's just you," Emily rolled her eyes a her friend Jessica walked into the room, "Don't scare me like that."

"Yeah yeah, always be alert my ass," Jess laughed and walked over, "How's the patient?"

"Asleep as per usual, vitals look good and everything, I'm just picking her hospice outfit."

"You can't put a green shirt with Citrus 5's," Jess shook her head, "Does she have any pink ones?"

"Yeah she has a--"

"The fuck is this horrible music," a voice creaked out.

Both women's eyes widened and they both turned around. The patient had her eyes open, glaring at the iPod dock and yanking it off before her own eyes widened, "Where am I?"

"Jess get the doctor," Emily whispered.

The patient looked over at the two and squinted, "Where's my baby? Why am I not pregnant? What happened?" She started to hyperventilate as Jess ran from the room, "Oh my god is she dead? Please no!" She began to breathe harder and the heart monitor went crazy.

Emily sped over to the bed, "Ms. Carter please calm down," she calmly yelled out, "You're in the hospital, calm down!"

The girl stopped screaming hysterically but her heart rate soared as her breathing got faster, "Calm down Ms. Carter," the doctor finally came in and put his stethoscope to her chest, "You've got to calm down or you'll pass out."

The girl looked at Emily an the doctor with wide eyes as she tried to calm down but couldn't. She had never experienced a panic attack, but she was now.

"Breanna," the doctor said softly, "If you don't calm down were going have to make you go to sleep. Now listen to me breathe in and count to ten in your head, I'll count out loud."

"One."

"Two."

"Three."

"Four."

"Five."

"Six."

"Seven."

"Eight."

"Nine."

"Ten. Release."

The girl let out a breath and continued on her own and slowly her heart rate went down back to normal.

"Where's my baby?" Breanna said firmly.

"I believe she's with her father."

"Roc has her?" Her face flushed and she smiled, "I can't wait to see them. Has she woken up yet?"

"Ms. Carter do you know what happened?"

She scrunched up her eyebrows, "All I remember is going to Cruz's party, then everything is blank, I just know I was pregnant, but I don't remember finding out, and now I'm here, but I didn't know I had the baby, or that she's a girl." She flushed again and her heart spiked up but went back down.

"So you don't remember the car accident?"

"Car accident? I'm confused."

The nurse and doctor exchanged looks, "Ms. Carter you were in a car accident about 4 months ago, you went into a comatose state during the emergency caesarean."

Her face scrunched up again and she pushed against her temples, "I've been in a coma?"

"Yes sweetheart, do you feel any pain?" Emily cut in.

"My head hurts. Are you saying I had my baby four months ago? Where is everyone?"

"I believe your father moved back with his fiancée to California last week. Today is the day you were to be flown to California as well, they were gonna place you in a hospice."

It took her a moment to process the words, "Did you call them yet?"

"No we haven't notified them as of yet."

"Don't please," she but her lip, "I want to surprise them please."

The doctor nodded, "We'll have to have an evaluation of your physical and mental state, run some tests to see if we can learn more about your coma, typical procedure, but your flight leaves tonight to arrive in California at 3pm."

"Okay, I just want to go home. I want my baby."

_____________________________________________________________________________

So there's another epilogue only provided as due to the original posting many people wanted Bre to wake up so I gave them what they wanted. I'm not doing anything else to finish this so enjoy!