Day 56-60

- Day 56

Rou went through and equipped everyone with the earpieces while I spent the day experimenting with some of the other skills I had been neglecting so far. I first used {Low Level Summoning: Skeleton} and managed to summon about 50 before I ran out of room. 10 of these were variants like archers and a summoner but one of them ended up being something called a {Black Knight} which is much stronger than regular skeletons and has plenty of gear attached. A few onlookers passed by with strange looks on their faces as they watched me order around a bunch of creatures they'd never seen before. I swear, you think they'd be used to it by now.

One by one, I ate their souls which earned me a few new skills and quite a few detrimental skills as well. {Slashing Resistance} {Piercing Resistance} {Weakness to Sunlight} {Weakness to Blunt Force} {Tirelessness} {Bone Fusion} {Magic Joints} {Equipment Materialisation} {Miasma of Undeath} {Negative Energy} {Nullify Negative Status Effects} {Nullify Cold Attacks} {Nullify Lightning Attacks} {Weakness to Light Damage} {Weakness to Holy Damage} {Weakness to Fire Damage} {Anaerobic} {Cold Embrace}.

I quickly sealed away all the weaknesses. A few moments later, Fu came running, asking if she could take some of the bones, to which I had no qualms with and so she happily took the Black Knights bones away with her to do...something. Probably eat.

I spent the rest of the day trying out {Bone Fusion} and {Magic Joints} together with {Golem Creation} and ended up making a bone golem twice the size of my stone golems and three times as powerful and durable. I'm pretty sure I just created a monster. I named it {Bone Goliath} since it looked remarkably similar to the golem that gave me all those Goliath abilities, apart from the fact that it's made out of bones. Even if it doesn't hit you, the sharp bone protrusions throughout its body look like they could do some serious damage, especially if it hugged you.

I had it test out it's prowess against a hind bear and it did just that, picking it up in a bear hug as it's chest opened and chomped down on the bears body. I almost feel sorry for whoever goes up against this thing...Almost.

I spent the rest of the day trying to exert my creativity by coming up with a different {Bone Goliath} type golem and ended up making around half of its body before Fu dragged me away.

Today's results

Golems: 1 Bone Goliath

Synthesis: {Shattering Strike} +{Shockwave Strike} = {Sundering Strike}

- Day 57

Rou came to visit today today while I was looking after the pets and came to the conclusion that he wanted some of his own. Since he had the job to do it, I thought I'd go exploring elsewhere and look forward to the surprise of what he brings back.

I took Returner with me back to the underground lake and introduced her to Cora. They seemed to already know about each other which shocked me but apparently anyone connected via {Ally Communication} can speak to each other, not just to me. I suppose that's a good thing but now I'm slightly paranoid about what they talk about.

I left Returner and Cora to talk with each other and went to explore parts of the lake cave that I hadn't seen yet. I found another underground lake, although this one was nowhere near as pretty as Cora's but something was telling me that there might be something below the surface of the water here. Diving in and using {Swimming Proficiency} and {Anaerobic} I was able to explore the water freely.

I came across a few little critters but nothing major until a Kelpie appeared and attempted to keep me under the water. I'm presuming that it's goal is to drown me but sine I'm using {Anaerobic} I don't need any air, in fact, if I were to use this skill while in the presence of oxygen, I'd probably face some severe consequences.