Chapter 42.2

Xu Xu had not guessed incorrectly, Ji Bai definitely escaped the explosion.

When Zhou Cheng Bo had been about to unwrap the package, Ji Bai stopped him: "Do not touch it."

Zhou Cheng Bo looked at his solemn face, and understood. But . . . an explosive – this was something that happened only in television dramas, not to him. He suddenly broke into a cold sweat: "No, it can't be . . . then what should we do? Throw it out?"

Ji Bai shook his head: "Don't touch it." He glanced at the postman who had just left the supermarket, and whispered: "Let's leave from the back door."
   ——

Ji Bai slowly and quietly pushed open the grey metal door. He instructed Zhou Cheng Bo to stand behind him while he stood at the side. As expected, when the door opened, a black iron rod came smashing down. Ji Bai swiftly grabbed hold of the man's arm. He twisted the man's arm until the sound of the bone being snapped was heard. The man screamed in pain. Ji Bai then grabbed his head and smashed it into the wall, making the man unconscious with blood flowing from his head.

In front of Ji Bai were many ruthless thugs. Itwas a life and death situation. A thug brandishing a knife charged at him from behind, and was instantly taken down.

Zhou Cheng Bo shouted: "Get into my car!"

"No!" Could the package have been a decoy with the real bomb attached to their car? Ji Bai assessed the situation and in a low voice,whispered: "Follow me! Run!"

They had only taken a few steps when they saw seven to eight bulky looking men, armed with iron machetes, standing in the alley. As they had probably not expected the two of them to run out so soon, the men were momentarily stunned. The leader quickly drew a gun . . . Ji Bai's face tightened, his eyes were resolute, and he yelled loudly: "Police!" The sound was so fierce that everyone was startled.

The leader was also stunned into immobility. With great skills, Ji Bai charged forward boldly, captured his wrist firmly, forced him to drop the gun and kicked him on the knee. 

On seeing this, the other thugs yelled and charged at Ji Bai, who immediately suffered wounds all over his body. Behind him, Zhou Cheng Bo was infused with a sudden spirit, and started grappling with a thug. 
   ——

What Xu Xu did not expect, and what the cleaner had not expected either, was that Ji Bai and Zhou Cheng Bo had managed to fend off the gang of criminals, and escaped from the alley. The men that were injured in the explosion were the two men whom Ji Bai had taken down at the back door. They had been taken away by their fellow mates.

Ji Bai and Zhou Cheng Bo ran for two blocks before they found a taxi, and went directly to the hotel where the task force was staying. It was only then that Ji Bai discovered that Xu Xu and Tisza had gone out to find him.

When he found the street where the casino was located, the other two Interpol officers had just arrived, and Tisza looked at him with an unsightly expression: "Ji, Xu insisted on going in to look for you, it's already been ten minutes . . ."
   ——

Xu Xu strode into the casino and approached the counter to exchange her money for a pile of chips first. The manager took her for a little girl, and didn't pay her any further attention. Xu Xu smilingly waved her handphone around: "No reception. My mum will be here in a little while. Can you bring her inside to look for me, please? She's wearing a white blouse, red skirt, and carrying an LV bag; she's easy to recognise."

The manager immediately smiled: "No problem."

Xu Xu first played two rounds of dice. Then she stole a glance at the young security guard near the table. The other security guards looked fierce, some had lazy indifferent eyes, and the others were expressionless. He was the only one who would, from time to time, smile a little and display more enthusiasm. His uniform was brand new.