Chapter 52.1

4 months later.

Summer had passed and autumn was upon them. Lin City was [now] usually enveloped in a thin mist, and the entire city was cool and pleasant, full of lush greenery.

It was night. The moonlight was bright and clear, and autumn was in the air. Xu Xu, sat in front of her computer as her fingers flew across the keyboard, wearing a loose shirt. At her side was a cup of fragrant coffee, and as usual, her earbuds were stuffed in her ears. Even when someone opened the door behind her and entered the room, she didn't hear it at all.

Ji Bai had been sent out on a field assignment by the district office. Two weeks had already passed and tonight he had only been able to rush home this late at night. He had thought that he would be able to see little rascal in a sweet sleep but he had not imagined that, without him around, she would be able to find her own entertainment.

Ji Bai placed his luggage on the floor and padded quietly forwards. She was wearing his T-shirt, which was so big that it covered practically her entire body, with only her delicate, fair legs sticking out . . . Ji Bai bent down and lifted her from the stool in his embrace: "Wifey..."

As Xu Xu had been entirely focused on the computer, she jerked in surprise, before recognizing his scent and warmth and breaking out into laughter.

The coolness of the night still lingered on his body, and his faintly chilled lips pressed down on her lips firmly. After the passionate embrace, his breathing became unsteady, and he carried her off towards the bedroom.

"Wait!" Xu Xu pushed herself away from his chest and glanced over his coat. "Go take a shower first." After saying this, she slipped out of his arms and returned to her seat.

Ji Bai's arms were absolutely empty. He looked at her slim figure, and walked over to envelop her in his arms once more: "What are you busy with?"

Xu Xu chewed on the pencil tip, stared at the screen and replied: "Writing an article for Yao Meng's magazine. Her magazine focuses on women's life, and mental health is one aspect."

Ji Bai's eyes swept over the computer screen: "Ever since when did you like doing these kinds of things?"

Xu Xu opened the drawer and took out two elegantly designed tickets, as she gave them to him: "I didn't accept her offer of payment. Her reimbursement was these two VIP tickets to a concert – don't you like this band? A reward is not given if it's not deserved. I was only helping her to write the article."

Ji Bai took the tickets, looked at them, placed them on the table, and lowered his head to kiss her.

After he had gone to shower, Xu Xu once again focused on the screen. She had just typed a few more characters, when she suddenly heard him yell from the bathroom: "Wifey, I didn't bring a towel in."

Xu Xu got up, took up a towel and walked over. The door opened a crack, and the sound of splashing water could be heard. Xu Xu peeped in. Hey, wasn't the towel on the shelf inside? Before she could process this information, a muscular arm appeared in front of her eyes, and pulled her into the bathroom in an instant.

Xu Xu laughed, and pushed him: "I haven't finished my work!"

There was no way Ji Bai was going to let her go. He pulled her, clothes and all, into the shower, and shut the door.

A scene of crazy entanglement.

By the time the two of them were lying quietly in bed, wrapped in each other's arms, several hours had passed.

Ji Bai had been working around the clock for several days. Furthermore, he'd had to expend energy being somewhat fierce just now. As a result, he was currently both perfectly content and totally exhausted. However, although Xu Xu had lain in bed for a while with her eyes shut, she was unable to sleep – she had drunk too much coffee. She sat up: "You go to sleep first, I'll just finish my work."