Chapter 12

Months passed and the kids remained separated. Spafina and Rosalie sat in their living room, doing homework. Rosalie glanced up from her work, noticing the news channel was ranting about something.

"It's absolutely awful! The Zodiac Leaders are about to tear each other apart!" The Female Scorpio Leader cried. "Charlotte claims that Adriana stole her granddaughter and Adriana refuses. Vivienne backs up Adriana. Then Henry Sawyer opens his big mouth and starts to remind everyone that Vivienne shouldn't even be one of the leaders because of her illegitimate child whom they never found. Then Christopher Harding supports Henry, saying that he saw Viv's daughter in Texas on the Grand Tour. It's just a mess!"

  Rosalie stared slack-jawed at the screen, then turned to face Spafina to see her reaction. Spafina had her eyes glued to the screen, her attention caught.

-=+=-

Jewel, upon seeing the news and a picture of Christopher, realized he was the person in Texas. Jess, who just so happened to be watching the news in detention, came to the same conclusion.

"He was watching us?!" Jess screamed in her mind. She slammed her fist down on the table in anger.

  The teacher woke from his nap. "Hey! This is detention! Not the trailer you come home to! Behave yourself!"

  Jessica, without any shame, flipped him off. He had no reaction and fell back asleep. Jess shook her head and rolled her eyes in disdain for her teacher. "Well, if he thinks one of us is the Sagittarius Leader's kid, who is it?"

-=+=-

  A week passed. Chase was at his desk, working on a project, when his father came home, hateful and somewhat bruised. Chase looked up to find William looming over him.

  "Prepare yourself. We may be going to war."

  Chase furrowed his eyebrow in confusion. "What do you mean?"

  William didn't answer; he stormed off into his room while Chase's mother, Katelyn, approached him with Amber, his little sister.

"Daddy had a long day at work. People were arguing, it was chaos. He thinks that the Leaders might go to war." Katelyn rubbed her forehead, exhausted.

Eleven year old Amber spoke up, saying, "That's tupid. How does one even start a war? Aren't they all under the control of the President?"

  Their mother sighed downheartedly and shook her head no. "I'm afraid when it comes to war, the President can be overruled. They can start a riot and kill the President, you know."

  Chase dropped his jaw at the fact that his younger sister knew there was a president and he didn't. "Ok, who the hell is this president anyway?" Chase grumbled, annoyed, "'Cause no one tellin' me anything!"

  "An old woman named Beverly Durst. She is about as old as Charlotte," Katelyn replied, "Probably older. I think the two are friends. Beverly has no sign, that's why she is President. And she has complete control over everything, so she's not even really a president."

  Chase's mind wandered back to Valinda. "Will she be president since she gas no sign?"

  Amber continued her mother's statement, "Beverly was born during February, but she has no birth certificate to assign her a sign."

  Katelyn drew her children close, whispering, "Don't tell you father I told you, but Beverly's sign is known to the Leaders, only. She's an Aquarius. They choose a child that they think has potential, then brainwash them and destroy any evidence of their birth. If the President turns out to be a bad one, then the Leaders have the power to remove them."