Chapter 13

Skyler's Point Of View:

I followed Ross and Rydel to a table with 6 other people sitting at the table. I was uncomfortable so when Ross sat down, I just sat next to him.

"Um guys, this is Skyler." He said. They all looked at me and either smiled, waved, or said hi.

"And she's homeless." Rydel said. "So, we were thinking, if it's okay with Mom and Dad..." She looked at two older people. I'm assuming that's their parents. "... If she could stay with us."

"Rydel, you know we would, but we're on tour." Their dad said.

"And we thought about that. We figured she could just join us for the rest of it. Like, she can help babysit Railey and stuff." Ross explained. Their dad looked at their mom and she nodded.

"Okay well, I don't see a problem with it. Skyler, you are welcome to stay with us." Their dad told me. I smiled.

"Thankyou, sir." I told him.

"Oh my name is Mark by the way. And this is my wife, Stormie." He introduced himself and his wife.

"Okay so, what are all your names?" I asked.

"Well, you already know me and Rydel. These are our brothers, Rocky, Riker, and Ryland. And this is our best friend, Ellington. But he goes by his last name, which is Ratliff." Ross explained. "Oh and Ryland isn't in the band. He's a DJ."

Okay, I got this.

~

Rydel's Point Of View:

"Eat your chicken, Railey." I told my daughter as she started to eat. I looked at Skyler and noticed that she didn't have any food. Just a drink. "Skyler, did you not get anything to eat?" I asked her.

"A soda is all I could afford." She admitted, shyly. Ross then got out his wallet and gave her some money.

"Here, go get you something." He told her.

"Aww Ross, that's sweet. But I don't want to take your money."

"Hey you're hungry and I'm not gonna let you sit here and starve. Go get something." She smiled as she took the money and walked away.

"Ross, do you like her?" Ellington asked.

"Uhh, well... She's pretty." He admitted.

"So you do like her?"

"A little..." He admitted. A smile found it's way on his face and he couldn't make it go away.

"That's sweet Ross." Riker told him. Ross nodded as Skyler came back with a burger.

~

After we were all finished eating, we all got on the bus and before we knew it, we were off. I told Skyler she could borrow some of my clothes until we got shopping for her.

At the moment, I'm trying to get Railey to take a nap. She stayed up pretty late last night and I can tell she's tired.

"Railey, just take a quick nap, sweetie." I told her.

"But Mommy, I don't wanna." She said. Then Ellington came in and sat by me.

"What's going on here?" He asked.

"This girl doesn't wanna take a nap." I said.

"I want Uncle Ross and Uncle Rocky to sing to me again!" She exclaimed. Rocky can't because he's actually taking a nap, himself. Ross can though.

"Uncle Rocky can't, but Uncle Ross can." Ellington said, like he was reading my thoughts. She smiled as I got up to go get Ross. He was in a different room talking to Skyler.

"Hey Ross, sorry to interrupt, but do you care to sing to Railey again?" I asked. He shook his head before he grabbed a guitar and him and Skyler both followed me to where Railey and Ellington were.

"What song?" Ross asked her. She just shrugged.

"Ooh, Counting Stars by OneRepublic." Ellington said. Ross smiled and started strumming the tune.

"I see this life like a swinging vine

Swing my heart across the line

And my face is flashing signs

Seek it out and you shall find

Old, but I'm not that old

Young, but I'm not that bold

I don't think the world is sold

I'm just doing what we're told..."

Then I noticed that Skyler started singing with Ross...

"I feel something so right

Doing the wrong thing

I feel something so wrong

Doing the right thing

I could lie, couldn't I, could lie

Everything that kills me makes me feel alive..."

Wow, they sound really good together. Skyler is a really good singer.

"Lately, I've been, I've been losing sleep

Dreaming about the things that we could be

But baby, I've been, I've been praying hard

Said no more counting dollars

We'll be counting stars..."

So, after they sang the entire song, Railey fell asleep. Then we all went in a different room and just talked.

"You're a really good singer." Ross told Skyler. She blushed and smiled.

"Thankyou." She said.

Then we all just made some small talk for a while.

~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Heyy guys!

So I'm really hoping y'all are liking this story! :) and again, I just wanna say thanks to all the reads I have! :D

So did you notice that I changed the cover? What do you think? Lol.

Thanks guys!

-Erica