Chapter 26: Heartbeats

~Kyle~

As Dominic told us where Jonathan was, we ran towards the beach immediately.

When we were near Jonathan, the scent of blood entered my nose, the strong smell of iron, itching...

When Jonathan came into view, his white fur was now red, like red wine red.

Blood was dripping from his mouth and he jumped on the rogue, two rogues took him by surprise one bit on his leg and the other bit his torso. Making him whine loudly.

I jumped on the rogue that bit Jonathan, with my strength I forced him down and attacked his neck with my sharp canines.

One bite he died, I forgot about the rogue and looked at Jon, he stayed down after the rogues bit him.

"Are you ok?" I asked him

He didn't respond, Shit...

"Miles! Chad! get over here now?" Linking then in my mind.

I stand next to Jonathan, defending him, Joel and Ryan were attacking two rogues each, leaving me with 4 remaining. "I am almost close to you.." I heard Jason's voice, "hurry"

keeping a sharp eye on the rogues that we're looking at me. I used my other power for this situation, was 'weakness' I can sense my enemies weakness on their body...

The rogue with grey fur, his right leg was his weakness, a simple bite from me, he will be limping and paralyzed... including all the others around me.

Everything went slow when Jason jumped on two rogues at the same time, making them roll. As the other two rogues were distracted,
I charged them. And bite on one of the rogues leg and he whined in pain.

I looked at the other one and behind him I seen miles charging him. And Chad running towards Jason helping with the other rogue.

I looked back to the rogue I bit, he surrendered but I refused to trust him, he didn't see this coming but I bit his neck and he fell to the ground motionless, I killed him...

I didn't realize Jonathan shift in his human form, but he's still not responding to anything, he's unconscious.

So I ran to his body and I muzzle him on his neck, to get if he's still breathing, his body was covered in blood from his wounds...

I need Ryan, to take Jonathan back to he pack house. So I called for him he came immediately after killing the rogue.

We both shift, "Ryan! I need you to take Jonathan back to the pack house, he's not responding to anything, he's unconscious...." he nodded and walked to Jonathan and carried him bridal style, and ran.

~Dominic~

I was about to run back to Jonathan, but than I seen him in Ryan's arms motionless...

"Jonathan?" I called his name while walking towards them, he's not answering, I panic, Ryan placed him gently on the ground.

I placed my hand on his cheek, "Jonathan? Baby?" He laid there...

I noticed the wounds he had, a deep bite mark on his torso and including his leg, each wound was bad.

Goddess please don't let Jonathan die please, I need him with me...and for the pups. I repeated over and over again.