Chapter Eleven

NICK'S POV

I heard a knock on my door and went to open it. There stood two police officers. Have they found out about my relationship with Serena? I ushered them inside.

"We'd like to speak to a certain Nicholas Grant." One of them said sternly.

"That's me." I replied as calmly as possible.

"One of your students has died today."

I felt a surge of sadness.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Who was it?"

"Serena Tatcher, sir."

I must have misunderstood...

"I'm sorry, who?"

"Serena Tatcher." He repeated.

A knot formed in the pit of my stomach and I looked blankly at the wall. This wasn't right, it couldn't be! She's not dead! She's too young to die, why would god kill such a beautiful, kind, intelligent girl? How could death take away the person I love, my soul mate? I struggled, trying to hide my emotion. They couldn't find out! A tear escaped my eye and I quickly turned away to wipe it off.

"Were you aware of the fact that she was pregnant?" He asked.

I didn't know that.

"After doing DNA tests, we've determined that you were the father of her child." The second officer said.

She was pregnant with my child! We would've had a child together and lived happily married while raising it. Our child. A being created by myself and the most perfect woman in the world. I couldn't hold in the tears anymore as I thought of what could have been. The police officers stood up.

"Nicholas Grant, you are under arrest for having a sexual relationship with a minor." The second police officer said.

I let them handcuff me calmly for what was the use in fighting? My life was nothing without my beautiful Serena! I was flooded in tears as they shoved me into the patrol car. Along the drive, the memories of the precious time spent with Serena replayed in my head. The first time we met, how I had held her hand when I thought she had burnt it, how much fun we had running in the forest, her laughter when I tickled her the first time I went to her house, the hot air balloon ride where I confessed my love to her and finally the last day I had spent with her. It was all over now that she was gone...

Hello readers! :) If you enjoyed my story please like it and also comment to tell me what to improve.
Thanks
Kayp99