Chapter two - Demons and dragons

Home was far away. I think it was anyways... I woke up to some movements in the bed next to me. "hmm...? Oh, You awake?" I get up, asking her, looking her over. There was some blood going down the side of her mouth I didn't see before. it was all dried up. "How..." She starts coughing, and blood spews out from her mouth a little. He wipes away some of the blood. He tore his sleeve off and used it to catch all the blood. "What the hell... What did you do?" He asked her. She responded, "Sorry... I'm... still practicing my magic." She coughed in between words. "I am in over my head. I got too eager and thought... I could take you with me with a breeze." He looks at her, a little confused, but really trying to understand the situation. "God damn... You gotta be careful with this stuff..." He says, wiping away some left over blood. "Stay put. You might go into shock. I'll get you some water, you need anything else?" She nodded no back to him, and he left the room. He found the glasses easily, and filled it with cold water. He walked back in the room and stood next to her. "You ready to take a drink?" She nodded, and he bent down. He supported her head to ease tension in the neck so she could sip without moving much. "You don't have to take care of me like this, even if I appreciate it." He looks to her. "You're coughing up blood... How do I Not take care of you?" He looked at her concerned. She raised her hand, touching his arm. "You're too kind." She took a moment, and spoke again. "I might look weak in this state, but i'm more useful than you might think." He looked at her again, with concern. "I'm not saying you aren't useful, I just want you to recover quicker. I hate seeing people hurt." She looks at him. "At least let me cook breakfast." He looks to the door, and back to her. "You sure you wanna get up? Doing that will raise your blood pressure. It might make you worse." A second later, a few bangs and clangs could be heard from the kitchen. He perked up, and looked at the door expecting an intruder, but a plate floated in. "What the..." He looked at the plate, then looked to her. "My name is Amai Oto, by the way. What's yours?" Amai looked at him. "Mine is john. I don't have a last name." He smirked, looking at the plate. "...and your sure you wanna be using your magic? It might hurt you more like earlier." Amai looked at john. "If I don't over do it, I'll be fine." Amai raised her hand to her chest. It glowed a green aura, and green looking particles flew out of her hand. "It's healing a bit quicker now." John looked at her, mesmerized. "So, you can heal yourself, and cook breakfast at the same time?" He looked genuinely impressed. "Oh, I can do much more, john." She smiles. John notices that her magic correlates with her eyes. "Are your eyes a magic conduit?" She smiled more. "Yes, they are. Good observation." He looks at her eyes, still mesmerized. "Want me to heal you too, john? You look a little banged up." John snapped out of it, but hesitated. He looked at her, self consciously. "Yeah... but you should know.." He hesitated more. She simply looked at him, questioningly. "What is it, john?" He took a second, then spoke. "I'm a demon dragon mix." Silence trailed after.