Seven (The hidden words that play)

I sighed, my hair moving in the breeze of my breath. I was sitting in the sunlight, enjoying the last few weeks of sunlight on my pale flesh. I would miss the sun for this winter, and I didn't mind that. I didn't need the sun anyway, it was just the warm touch of it's tongue twisting on me that I enjoyed. I had been texting Blake for the morning, talking about how it was time for my brother to move out of my home. 

'u kno he needs to go Clarity. its pointless for him to still be around. hes 19 for christs sake.'

'I know, but I can't kick him out like that Blake. Besides, it's not exactly my house. >.>'

'still. hes just a burden to u & ur mother. :/'

I leaned back in my chair and groaned loudly. My head hurt from hitting on the counter after Blake had left yesterday, and my stomach was very empty, grumbling every thirty seconds or so. I closed my eyes tightly and clutched my shirt as another rumble escaped through the hollow cave.

"Okay, I get it. You. Are. Hungry. But please, be quiet!" I whispered outloud to myself. Today will be one of those days, I suppose. Again, the hollow growl came and I just laughed and looked back down at my phone, which was vibrating against my desk. 

Blake: hey, fine. u win. but u need to come outside....

I looked towards the window facing the front of the house, and slowly stood up. Worry came to the pit I called my stomach, and filled it. Taking small steps, I reached the window and peered out the slit I left open in the curtains to see Blake leaning against his truck looking down at his phone. I shook my head and went back to my desk, grabbed my phone and got dressed. Meaning I pulled pants with cuts in them and a hoodie on, grabbing my sneakers and walking out my bedroom door. 

I stopped in the hallway, and thought about yelling to my brother I was going out, but he didn't care, so I didn't. I ran down the stairs and was taken to the feeling of flight as I did so. My heart beat quickly as I touched the front door's knob. Do I really want to step outside this door, and go see what he wants? 

Yes. Yes I did. I opened the door and stepped outside onto the front porch. Blake looked up and smiled at me. "I was wondering when you would get down here." His voice was carried on a soft breeze, which smelled amazing. Summer was slowly shifting to fall, and you could see by the way the leaves had changed from a green to beautiful shades of yellow and red. You could smell and feel it, too. How it got chillier, and how you could start to smell the soft hint of decomposing leaves.

"What do you want Mr. I-can't-spell-for-the-life-of-me?" I said, teasingly of course. Blake just shook his head.

"It's hard to text and drive and stay safe, bug." Blake said, bug reffering to me. I laughed softly and gave him a hard stare. I would give him the 'Don't drive and text talk', but I don't know where that'd get me. "ANyway, come on, get in. I have something for you."

I rolled my eyes, but got into the dark green truck. Blake turned on the power in the engine, so he could put a CD into the player, and hushed me when I started to protest. "I know you don't like good music Clarity, but please. Will you just listen?" And with that, he pressed play and handed me a paper with the soundtrack on it.

1. Youth - Daughter

2. Candle - Daughter

3. Medicine - Daughter

4. Love - Daughter

5. Smother - Daughter

6. Run  - Daughter

7. Still - Daughter

8. Ladfill - Daughter

9. Smoke - Daughter

10. Your Kisses - Daughter

11. Touch - Daughter

12. In The Shallows - Daughter

The last one, read "Butterfly Culture", which was the title. It had no artist under the name. I looked at Blake as the music played on, the beautiful lull of it making me feel strangely shocked. Blake had his eyes closed, and I could feel my need to turn the music up louder, and just sit and listen to it. Listen till I knew the words by heart and could sing along with them perfectly.

We sat in the car till the CD stopped, and I just sat staring at the hood of the truck. 

"And? Tell me what you thought of it. And Do not hold back, Clarity." Blake was gazing at me, like he was studying my facial features.

"I like them. I'd listen to it." I held back the part of me wanting to be able to sing their music, but I think he understood that I loved the music, because he pushed eject on the player, pulled the CD out of the tray, and handed the disc to me. 

"Then listen to them Clarity. I found them and thought of you, so keep the disc." Blake's face was relaxed, calm. Relieved almost that I had taken the CD. I smiled, and bid him farewell, then went inside to sit back down at my laptop, where I set the CD and let the music play on repeat.

Authors Note ~

(.(. So, this chapter was more or so for you guys to find a new music. But really, I want you to go and listen to these songs. See why their hiding and guess to me why they play! ^-^ Hope you enjoyed the Chapter, Thanks again!).)

"Pick it up, pick it all up.

And start again.

You've got a second chance,

you could go home.

Escape it all.

It's just irrelevant.

It's just medicine.

It's just medicine.

You could still be,

what you want to,

What you said you were,

when I met you.

You've got a warm heart,

you've got a beautiful brain.

But it's disintegrating,

from all the medicine.

Medicine.

You could still be,

what you want to be,

What you said you were,

when you met me.

You could still be,

what you want to.

What you said you were,

when I met you.

when you met me.

when I met you."

Medicine Lyrics ~ Daughter