Nine (Needs)

Sorry I haven't written in a long while. I just have had my mind else where. Also- this chapter won't have a name. And I have people replacing my deck. .-. Someone tell them to leave. The drills are fucking loud.

But again, sorry that I haven't written. I've been working on other books and scraping some more. hope you enjoy this chapter. ~ authors note

Blake stood in the door way of this old house. The paint had peeled off of the wood, and little scraps hung around and littered the floor. He studied the area and looked down at the cell phone in his right hand.

I'm in the right place, Blake thought to himself. A shadow moved across the room, and Blake sighed. "Tom? are you in here?" Blake called out. His heart rate had gone up, and his breathing became slightly louder. He turned and looked around the room, a small breeze catching him in the face.

"Blake, I was wondering when you'd get here, man." Blake turned around to see his friend Tom. As Blake's heart slowed, Tom laughed loudly. 'What's gotten up your ass, bro?"

"And what the fuck's wrong with you? Sneaking up on people.. God damn..." Blake said, shoving his hands into his hoodie pockets. It was never difficult For Blake to get upset over Tom and his strange actions of sneaking up on people. Tom just laughed and shrugged, then sauntered over to a wall.

"So, did you bring the money or what? 'cause I gotta go. Have to be somewhere else in twenty. So make it quick please." Tom said as he slid down the wall.

Blake moved his hand to his back pocket, and pulled out over fifty dollars in cash. "And this'll be enough?" Blake through the banded money to Tom, who caught it against his chest.

"Feel's like it." Tom chuckled and fumbled through his own coat. "Here." Tom threw a baggie at Blake, who caught it and put it in his pocket without inspection. "Alright Blake, get out of here before your mom starts to worry about you." Tom laughed again and Blake frowned.

Blake sighed and turned towards the door and began to leave, only to stop and look down. "Tom..." Tom looked over to Blake. "Thanks. My girlfriend needs this... uhm. Yea." And with that, Blake walked out of the building and towards his truck.