Chapter 13

Melissa's Pov

I missed Joann so much.She is one of the most important persons in my life.She is always there for me when everything seems hopeless.She is always by my side when noone is.She is definitely not the most positive or encouraging person in the world but I wouldn't change her for anything. Isn't that what frienship is about? Accepting others the way they are and loving them despite all their faults?And that's exactly how I feel about Joann.But what I am doing now isn't right.I know it isn't. There will always be people in my life that will come along and that I 'll want to meet  and get to know. That doesn't mean that it's right to neglect your best friend and have them as a back-up plan.It's not right for Joann.She never betrayed me and I feel awful for what I did.I can't actually remember how it started. It was one of the days when Joann didn't come to school and I was sitting alone on the lunch table.And then it happened. Sam came to my table. Sam is the most popular girl in our school.She is very pretty and all the boys run after her.Sam is also  the president of our school and every student would do anything just to get her attention. But not me.I never wanted to be friends with her.So you can imagine my surprise when she came to my table. She started asking me loads of questions about myself and my hobbies. She just wanted to get to know me.And in the next day she talked to me again.And she is also invited me to sit on her table with all the other popular guys.She is not a bad girl but she is  a show off and I hate that. Well one thing led to another and we ended up hanging at the mall and then she invited me to her party for her 15th birthday. I was shocked. It was the party of the year and everyone was talking about it.And now I am at the point that I don't know what to do.I enjoy hanging out with all the famous guys at our school and go to their gorgeous parties.But I can't leave Joann.I can't walk away from her life because if some people that I started hanging out a week ago..

Joann's Pov

I was peacefully sleeping, dreaming about a world without my drug addict mother, my alcoholic father and my dump classmates.I was dreamimg of a world like it was when I was six years old.When everything was fine.I didn't have to worry about anything. I leaved like a normal kid.Playind with my dolls, teasing my brother, watching  movies with my dad and going on family vacations.But that world existed only in my dreams.My dreams where the only place where I create my own world, away from the living hell that is called my life.Actually the perfect term to describe my life is my dysfunctional teenage life .If only I could find a way to stay in those dreams forever and never wake up, I would do it.But again there was always something interrrupting me from making my dreams come true.This time it was the alarm.

"Shut up" I cursed at it, nearly dropping it to the floor

I reluctantly stepped out of my bed and walked to the bathroom.As I saw my vision in the mirror I was shocked.

"Holly shit" were the  only words that could describe my current physical appearance.

My eyes were red because of my constant crying and I had black circles under my eyes due to lack of sleep.I definitely needed a shower. I quickly took one always remembering to put a great amount of conditioner, otherwise I  wouldn't be able to brush my hair.I wrapped a towel around me and headed to the bedroom. I applied a generous amount of makeup in order to cover my dark circles and make me feel more confident. Actually when I wear makeup I am not so insecure about myself . It's like putting a mask that prevents you from facing the reality.And I have to admit that I like it.I quickly stepped into my skinny jeans and  a white tank top.I dried my hair and straightened it.As I was about to check my appearance for the fifteenth time in the mirror my phone rang.

Melissa' s name appeared on the screen and a smile was formed in my face.

"Hi bestiee!!" I shouted

"Glad to know that your mood is finally lighted up" She ironically said

"I hate you"I said joking

"Good to know cause I am at your front door with a  cup of coffee on my hands right now"

"You are what???"I said opening the door at the same time

She was telling the truth.Melissa was standing there with a wide smile showing her white teeth.She was wearing black leggins and long grey hoodey.Her gray vans completed perfectly her outfit.

"Double chocolaty tip frappucino with blended creme?" I asked reaching for the coffee.

"I don't know.I asked for a frappucino and that's what they gave me.I don't understand that you have to have a degree in orfer to order from Starbucks"She seriously said

And with that we left my apartment.