Chapter 8

Today couldn't have gone better. I just had my "interview" with Melissa's uncle and he was such a nice man.He just asked me some random questions about my hobbies, my school and my friends. Nothing serious. We agreed that I would walk every weekend for 5 hours and I would get 5$ per hour . It's amazing actually !! My phone's rang interrupted my thoughts. I got a text from Melissa..

M:How did it go??? ☺

Me:I got hired.☺☺Wiii.I still can't believe it.Thnxxx so much haha ☺

M:Maybe you could thank me tomorrow by buying me a cup if coffee?

Me:Sure.So cya☺⏰☺✈

M:Ok(how can you send so much emojis?) dude it's weird

Me:I just love them lol ☺☺☺☺

And that's how our chat ended.I was so distructed that I didn't realise I had arrived home.

And as I was thinking how wonderful my day was  I saw my mother in the kirchen.

"Where have you been little lady?"She asked trying to act sweet.

So what she's trying to act as she cares.Hell no!I am not buying it.She never cared.And here she is trying to seem intrested in my life.I don't want her in my life.And why is she here?She should be at her stupid bar taking her dose not in our kitchen playing the role of a nice mother.

"I took a walk.Why are you here?" The words left my mouth before I was able to think.

"I was waiting for you ti cime home just to make sure you're okay" Is she serious? She's going to worry about my safety? Oh God I can't stand her.

"I am fine you can go now" I harshly told her making it clear that I don't want to talk anymore and as usual she didn't get the message.

"Joann hey look at me.I am sorry that I haven't made time for you lately but there's a lot going on lately but I am gonna make it up to you I promise.But if you have any problem you can talk to me,after all I am your mother"

For a second I believed her.In her eyes I saw that woman who 7 years ago used to buy me every toy available in the store and used to take me to family trips.But that lasted for a second.Then I saw her.The woman who smoked,who didn't pay her bills,who didn't take care of her only child and at the top of all, the woman who took drugs.And then my hate for her became even bigger.I underestimated her acting skills.For a second,she made me see an another woman in her eyes.Buy only for a second.I hated her so fucking much.She has been destroying me every day.But I won't let her anymore.I am strong.I can manage to stand on my own. My hate fir her rose every minute I was near he and if she wasn't my "mother" I would slap her in her face.Who am I kidding?She's not ever my mother.I have so many things to say to her but I just answerded with a simple "Okay" and watched as she walked out of the house.

~~~A month later~~~

Everything in my life has been going pretty well lately and I can't help but be a little suspicious.Life has tought me that nothing can go well in my case.She  always had her way on making me face my demons.But I have accepted that.I knew  life is a bitch and that nothing will ever be fine for me.So it was the calm before the strom.

Frank Lane once said that if you want to see the sunshine, you have to weather the storm.Well I guess that didn't work for me.I have endured a hell lot of "strorms" but sunshine was not to be seen.

So I have worked three weekends at 'Sunshine' ,Melissa's uncle restaurant.I can't help but laugh at the irony of the restaurant's name.It is the polar opposite of my life and my phsycological state.And due to my hard work I have saved a good amount of money for my expenses which include school stuff,coffee at the mall with Melissa,some Harry Poter books and a couple of jeans.I also started to put a little make-up every day to school.It started with a little mascara but then I liked it and went to buy eye shadows,pensils,lip-glosses  and all that stuff that I can't recall their names.I guess it's a kind of defense against the boys in the class who have been calling me ugly and worthless fir about three months.And as I thought thought they would stop interfering with my life they started to call me slut.But I don't care about their opinion.Do I?