You lose some, You win some. pt. 1

"Em, Em wake up" I was woken up by the sound of my brothers frantic voice. I rubbed my eyes sleepily yawning before rolling over on my side. 

 "Emmaleigh Noelle Chance get your ass up!" I heard Austin call out. I groaned opening my eyes slowly letting them adjust to the light. "What, why are you yelling at me" I said groggily. 

  I was about to sit up but just then I felt  something soft hit me in the back of my head "What the he-" I yell out but before I could finish my sentence I was hit again. I realize it was a pillow and my attacker none other then my older brother. I made an attempt to cover my head with my hands but failed miserably so I jump out of bed now out of his reach.

 "What's wrong with you!" I cried out, lifting my hands up exasperated.

"Nothing, I just thought you might want to wake up before school starts" He told me calmly but with a small smirk evident on his face.

 I looked over at the clock on the small table beside my bed. It showed 7:56 in big purple font. WAIT! 7:56 no no no that can't be right. I have to be at school at 8:25. I looked over at Austin with wide eyes. "Why.didn't.you.wake.me.up." I took a short breath after each word. He raised his eyebrows at me. "Em, I just did don't you remember" he said wiggling the pillow in his hand. I glared at him.

"Look Emmy I got you up when I did." He said cautiously. I noticed he was only wearing a pair of black basketball shorts, no shirt. I realized he had just gotten up. "I probably wouldn't have over slept if your litlle friend here didnt wake me up with her screaming" he said looking down at Maddie. 

 I looked at Maddie who was a weirdly heavy sleeper and she hadn't been faced at all by our on going conversation.

 After I woke Maddie up we both rushed to get ready luckily we had picked out our outfits for today last night. I wore a aztec print  peach colored racer back tank top with lace black shorts a beaded bracelet and black leather sandals and quickly spiralled my hair. Maddie wore a maroon racer back tank top with a white and black aztec print pocket on the right side of her chest with blue Jean shorts and black Converse All-Stars.

 When we finished getting ready we ran down stairs. Austin was waiting for us in his truck honking his horn loudly letting us know to hurry up. I  grab my keys and locked the door. The honking finally came to a stop. 

We sat in the truck in a comfortable silence as we were all still pretty tired. We all stayed up pretty late last night talking about random things until we all slowly drifted off.

  When we got to school we had to pick up our new schedules for the year. Me and Maddie switched schedules reading over each other's. We had 3 classes together, 1st class period with we both had with my brother in AP English which is a class with mix of sophomores and junior's then we had year book 3rd period and algebra 2 during 5th period. Me and Maddie walked to class together and my brother met up with us in class.

  We didn't really have much work in English since it was only the first day so we mostly talked to my brother and his friends since we didn't know many people cause it was a predominantly junior class. There was a guy named Ricky he was pretty into himself. He told me all about how he spent the summer in Jacksonville, Florida even though I didn't ask but he went on telling me how he went to all these different museums like "The Cummer museum of Art and Gardens" which was cool I guess but he was a bit pretentious honestly.

But he stop when Mrs. Stewart told the class that we would be introducing ourselves to the class. We had to say 3 facts about ourselves.

 When we got to Maddie she stood up and announced cheerfully to the class "My name is Maddie, I'm 16 and "she paused turning to look at me I gave her a small smile encouraging her to go on and sadly she did "...and this is my girlfriend, Emma." She nodded pointedly at me.

 My eyes we're practically popping out of my head. My jaw basically sitting on my desk. Did she just say what I think she said . "What the hell Maddie" I screamed at her in my head ·Authors notes, no we're not actually dating in case you thought we were· Maddie plopped back down into her seat. Mrs. Stewart's eyebrows were raised at us but she quickly relaxed her face with obvious effort. But that didn't stop the stares I was getting coming from every direction. There were guy's staring at me with there eyes full of what seemed to be lust and girls with puzzled faces. 

 "Okaaay let's move on.." Mrs. Stewart called from the front of the room in a shaking voice. "Emma, you're next." She said avoiding my eyes. 

I looked around at the eyes still staring at my intently. "I'm not a lesbian!" I gasped. I have nothing against lesbians trust me but just happened to not be one. I most definitely am not dating Maddie. Yeah I wanted to chock her right now but not in a sexual way, Eww no no no I shook my head trying to get rid of those thoughts.

 The class continued on introducing themselves, although a small portion of them had moved on from Maddie's little outburst. Most of then continued to stare, or make comments about us.

I turned to look at her. She peered up looking nervously at me. "What the hell was that!" I whispered angrily at her. She looked at some guy I think his name was Nathan. But what did he have to do with this? "He kinda of dared me to..." she murmured avoiding my glaring eyes."He dared you" I repeated not truly believing what I just heard. At first I was angry but then I couldn't help but to laugh at the situation. She told the school we were lesbians because she was dared to, Maddie was a piece of work. I couldn't stay mad at her especially not over something so ridiculous.

  The next 2 class periods went the pretty similar. There were stares, people whispering about the little stunt Maddie pulled in 1st period. It'll died down before lunch time though thankfully. Me and Maddie we're going to look for my brother and his friends who we usually sat with but it was really crowded  so we just took a seat with a few my old friends Madison Walker, Nick Armstrong, Bay Hambrick her boyfriend Aiden Moore seated at the back of the cafeteria.

"So I heard you're a lesbian now." Bay said teasing me.

"Ooo, yeah I almost forgot! So how is the happy couple?" Aiden chimed in.

"Yes, yes do tell!" Madison added  cheerfully, this made nick chuckle softly.