Chapter 34

Alice began eating her ice cream and began to turn the corner.

"Lets follow hero." Dimichi hit the button for the cross walk. Alice went around the corner and was out of sight. The light still hadn't changed and Dimichi grew restless.

"Damn it! We'll lose her at this rate. Kenta, follow me into the alley." He said running into the alley way behind us. I followed him as I was instructed.

"Hold on tight." He said wrapping his arm around my waist. He jumped up onto the roof of the building in one leap. Then ran and jumped over the street and onto the apartment across the way.

"How long have you been able to do that?!" I said looking astounded. Dimichi simply chuckled.

"Always, I just choose to be reserved with my physical improvements. No need to waste energy if I can get what I need without them. It's kind of overkill, don't you think." He said smiling. I agreed with that statement. 

"We should find Alice." I said scanning the crowd below us. 

"There at that store." He said pointing to a small store. Alice was looking at the mannequins inside the display. We weren't close enough to hear what she was saying, but we could see her mouth moving.

"What is she saying?" I asked. Dimichi shrugged his shoulders. Alice finally entered the store. We ran along the rooftops until we were on the store across the street. We waited for what seemed like and hour before she left with a bag.

"C'mon Dimichi. She's just shopping. I'm starting to feel more like a stalker than a spy." I said sweating from the sun. Dimichi didn't answer. Instead he ran across the rooftops after her again. I groaned and followed. We must of followed her from shop to shop for what seemed like hours. I looked at my phone and my clock said it was 9:30. The sun was barely showing over the horizon.

"Dimichi, she's just shopping. This is pointless. Can we just go home? I'm starving." I said hanging my feet off the edge of the building. He finally sat on the roof and sighed.

"Maybe you're right. I'm sorry, Kenta. I had a hunch and it didn't pay off. Wait!" He said looking back at Alice. She went into a back alley and out of sight. He took off flying down the roof.

"Wait for me!" I yelled following him. He came to the street and jumped it in one bound. I ran and stopped. Dimichi continued aftrer her.

"Uh, Dimichi. A little help!" I yelled after him. He didn't even look back. I sighed and formed my gear. I ran to the alley between the buildings and slammed my fist into the brick. I slid down and hit the ground. I let my gear dissipate. I took off towards where I last saw Dimichi. I dodged and weaved through the late night crowds.

"Excuse me. Sorry! Coming through." I said barely dodging a man. He shouted some stuff at me but I didn't care. I needed to catch up to them. I finally realized where I was heading. I was heading for the land development on the northern side of town. I stood at a four way with building sites on all four sides. I had no clue where they went.

"Maybe I can call him." I said taking out my phone. I went through my contacts before finding Dimichi's number. I called it and it rang, but no one answered. I tried again to the same result.

"Great. Where could they be?" I said walking down one of the roads. The last bit of sun finally vanished from the sky and the street lights kicked on. I looked at all the construction sites and realized how much creepier this place had gotten now that it was night. It was dead silent. Some sounds could be heard from the city but not many.

"Dimichi! Are you there?" I yelled out. At that point, I would've loved to see Alice.

"Alice! Anyone?" I yelled out again. I felt a sharp sting in my neck.

"Ow! What the hell?" I said removing the thing from my skin. It was a dart. I stumbled a little.

"Great." I said before passing out. I opened my eyes and I was back in the concrete room on the table. My legs and arms were strapped down.

"Great, I'm here again. What even is this place?" I thought looking at the ceiling.

"You came back... you came back... even with me looking like a monster." Said the voice. I felt calm. I wasn't as scared of this place as I use to be. I felt the same cold hand grab my leg. Then my right arm. I watched as the black mass once again hoisted itself up on top of me again.

"You still can't see me clearly. Focus, please. Focus." It said looking down at me. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I began to calm myself more and to root out as much of the fear and anxiety as I could.

"Good, just a little more. Please, keep going." It said. I finally felt at peace and opened my eyes. A girl with the purest black hair was looking down at me. Her eyes were a beautiful crimson. Her body was slowly revealing itself. The dark was vanishing. When it completely was gone. A stunning girl was before me.

Her body was covered in a dress of the darkest silk. Her bust couldn't be more than a B, but that took nothing away from her. She was atleast my age. Maybe a year younger. She smiled down at me.

"You can see me now?" She said moving a chained hand to my face. I nodded still caught up in looking in her eyes. She giggled.

"I'm glad. Thank you, Kenta. I'm Aiyome(I-yome-me). You may call me Ai. I'm the one they call the Midnight Maiden. I've been trying to contact you for awhile. There's a great future in store for you. Time is short, but I would love to meet you in person. For now, this is all I can do." She leaned in and kissed me. It was so soft that you wouldn't think it was true.

I woke with a start. I was tied and sat against a concrete wall. Dimichi was beside me still out of it.

"Dimichi, wake up. Wake up!" I said nudging him. I heard footsteps and voices. Finally Alice stepped in my view. She was dressed in a full suit of white armor, and she wasn't alone. Another knight came into view.

"Hello, Dragon Spawn. Something tells me, we'll be good friends." Said the other knight. I couldn't see it's face, but the voice told me it's a girl. Then it drew it's blade. The hilt was solid gold, and it's sheath was a blue velvet. The blade was wide and the center was a deep blue. The cross at the end of the hilt told me it was one of the Excaliburs. She readied herself to swing and launched herself at me.

                        "Oh, shi-!"