Chapter Four

"Your address, little girl." Drew said plainly.

"I am not a little girl." Yvette hissed loudly. "12, Victoria Vonn Street." She watched him set the GPS and off they went.

*       *      *      *      *     *     *     *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      * 

     After Yvette packed most of her belongings, they set out for her new boss's house. She was bored as the long ride was silent. She thought of what to do and immediately, and idea struck her. She brought out her phone, increased the volume to the highest and played her favourite game-Piano Tiles all through the ride. He snorted and snorted as they entered into an estate. The name on the big high gates read ' THE KIPLINGS' ESTATE'. Even their street was named after them. She couldn't hide her surprise.

"Get down, little girl." Only then did she realize that they'd gotten to his own house. She tried to comport herself as he lead the way.

"Sir..um..my bags."

"They'll be taken care of." He said dryly. As they entered into the building, she pretended not to hear something he said.

"Huh?" She asked, annoying him.

"I said the housekeeper isn't around now. She's on a break."

"Ohh....."

"Yeah, so let me show you around

"Yeah, so let me show you around." He took her hand in his. She tried to withdraw her hand but he seemed so engrossed in what he was doing that he did not notice. He held on her hand rather too tight. A wave of current ran through her. She really hated the feeling.

"This is the sitting room, that's the dining area,the kitchen's that way......" He talked on and on but she didn't pay attention. How could she when she was so close to him and the house was way too beautiful to ignore. She just couldn't." The utility room's here, that's my room down the hall,......" blah  blah blah. She didn't want to work here and then she wasn't paying attention. Too bad. "...Do you understand?" She stared at him blankly as she glared at her.

"Oh,yeah." She lied. Then she had to deal with getting lost in the very huge house.

"This is your room." Her eyes widened at the thought of it being her room because her room back home was haphazardly smaller than this.

"You must be kidding me. This is some kind of joke right? Wow.." She noticed he was quiet and immediately stopped blabbing. He shook his head pitifully.

 He shook his head pitifully

"I'll go now." He turned and walked towards the door.

"Wait." He turned slowly. "How did we get here?" He clenched his fists in fraustration.

"We kinda flew, you know." With that, he left the room, closing the door noisily. She had to blink repeatedly to stable herself. 'Who did he think he was to address her like that?', she thought. She began to despise him. She would have to show him what 'Girl Power' meant.