Chapter Six

Yvette cried to a remarkable point and got out of the bathroom. She put on a peach camisole, black high waist jeans and a baggy  transparent purple sweater. She put on flowered sneakers, picked up her phone and sat down at the dressing table. She wanted to style her hair but didn't know how to. After many deliberations, she packed it into a messy bun. She put on a bit of mascara and a peach-flavoured lip gloss as she didn't fancy too much makeup. She jerked as she heard a knock on her door. 'I hope it's not my grumpy boss.' She muttered to herself. She opened the door and..she looked very confused and lost.

"Well, hello. I'm Trishia, Drew's younger sister." When Yvette made no effort to talk, she continued. "What's your name?"

"I'm Yvette Dawson, the new cook."

"Oh, yeah. Nice name though." Yvette finally smiled at her. Trishia pulled her into a very tight hug like they've been friends since forever.

"I....can't....I can't breathe." Yvette managed to blurt out. Trishia immediately released her and...

"I'm so sorry. I love meeting new people and I love the scent of your shower gel." Yvette blushed and looked down shyly.

"Thanks, Trishia."

"Well, I'm so sorry for what Drew said earlier. He is in love with his clothes and shoes. Please forgive him."

"No. I'm not angry, It's okay." Trishia's eyes beamed.

"So, are you going to school?" Yvette asked.

"Yeah, where's your car? We could ride together you know?"

"I..I don't have a car and I have to catch the school bus. Bye Trish." Yvette grabbed her balck school bag.

"Would you mind going with me?"

"Oh, thanks, but I'm fine." Yvette answered and Trishia pouted and made her face look like that of a baby's. "Okay, I'll go with you." They rode together and they laughed at the jokes they cracked.

"Here we are." Trishia snorted. "The big almighty school of ours." Just then the warning bell rang indicating five more minutes to the first period.

"Huh..bye. I have to get going." She quickly jumped out of the car holding her school bag and her phone in hand.

"Bye bye ,girlfriend." Trishia waved as she drove off. You might be wondering why but she isn't into the school stuff. Yvette made her way to her locker, picked her needed books and materials and headed to her first class for that day. 'I'll call Sara during lunch', she muttered to herself as someone bumped into her, making her books fall down and scatter. She looked up and growled when she saw the person.

"Hey, is it that you're blind or something?" She said, faking anger.

"What? but it was a mistake." Drew whined.

"Ohh...then you have to always open your eyes and watch your way, numb skull." She mimicked his last words to her at home as she picked up her books. She shoved him aside and walked past him, leaving him to stare at her. She knew she had won him. "1:1, Drew Kipling." She told herself as she took her seat at the usual spot-the last seat on the first row beside the window. Just then, the great Mr. Rowling, their maths lecturer came into the classroom. Everyone went silent as they scrambled to take their seats. Mr. Rowling greeted them and said he had surprise for all of them.

"Wow, let me guess, Mr. Rowling. No classes today, right?" Oliver Oscar said. He got a scowl from Mr. Rowling.

"Anyway, the surprise is that I get to arrange all of you the way I want so as to get maximum attention from y'all." He ignored their protests as he started rearranging them. His voice snapped Yvette out of her thoughts of not wanting a seat partner. "Dawson remains where she is, Steph and Dave here, Pratchett....."He went on and on and Yvette was glad that she was alone.He went on with the day's work and she couldn't bring herself to concentrate simply because Maths was her worst subject. He trailed off as the whole class swept their heads towards the door. Yvette did the same and behold...her grumpy boss. 'Did he come to look  for me? Did I forget something when he bumped into me?' Yvette thought as Drew walked over to Thomas Rule and told him to leave the seat for him. Mr. Rowling disagreed and told Drew to find an empty seat..and the empty seat..it was beside Yvette. Drew sat down beside Yvette .

"Hello, Mr . Kipling." It took a while before Drew replied her.

"Morning." He answered as Mr. Rowling shared their test booklets to them. She didn't know what to write and saw that she was the only one not writing. Even Drew was writing. She couldn't afford to fail the test. She decided to act fast.

"Um..sir..could you maybe help me with the test, please." She whispered to Drew.

"Oh, really? You need help? The Nerd needs help. Where did it go?" He asked, pointing to her head which meant her brain. She ignored his question and pleaded with him as it remained only a few minutes to the end of the class. He then snatched the booklet and wrote the test for her. He returned the booklet with a grin plastered on his face. She rolled her eyes.

"Thanks sir.I'm really im..." He cut her short.

"Drop the 'SIR' business. It's not necessary in school." She nodded shyly and packed her things in preparation for her next class.