Chapter Seven

Drew could not believe Yvette asked for his help in Math class. 'Why wasn't she concentrating? Was she thinking of me?' He asked himself repeatedly. He really hoped so. 'Wait!' He stopped himself. 'What was she even wearing?' He squeezed his eyes shut as he tried to recollect. He didn't really see what she wore underneath but she was on blue jeans and a baggy sweater. She looked quite sexy. He felt unsettled with her sitting beside him. He wanted to kiss her badly. 'Arrrrgh! What's wrong with me?' He thought. He tried to forget all about her as he drove into his house. He spotted Wilbur and Jasper as he turned off the engine.

"Go, take the car into the garage." He told Jasper, throwing the keys at him. He took out his school bag which he brought out of his locker earlier and hurried to go into the house. He was really shocked as a result of what he saw.

"Trishia, what the fuck is all these?" She looked up at him, grinning. She was dressed in a very long flowing gown and was seated in the middle of up to a dozen shopping bags.

"Well, as you can see, I'm doing some sorting out."

"But you didn't have to do it here, Trish. For fuck's sake, we could even have some august visitors or even dad and mum. What do you..." She interrupted him.

"It's okay. I don't need you to lecture me on all those bullshit. My father built this house and he doesn't give a damn about what I'm doing in his sitting room right now."

"Wait." He said as realization slowly dawned on him. "Who are these for?" He motioned towards the shopping bags scattered on the floor.

"You know, I made a new friend today and as my customs and traditions demand, I had to do some shopping for her."

"Don't tell me you spent this much on just a friend?"

"Oh, I did. What's wrong with that?"

"Uhhh...you're so stupid." He said as she gathered all the bags and headed up the stairs. He perceived the delicious aroma of food and his instincts told him it was crepes and chicken nuggets. How tantalizing. There was no way he was going to eat it. Just then, Yvette came in to meet him.

"Umm..sir, dinner is set. It's on the dining table." She said and left to call Trishia that dinner was ready. Drew also left for his room and slept on an empty stomach.

*      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *

     Hunger woke Drew up about four hours later. It was probably 11p.m.  He went downstairs to the dining table but didn't find any food there. He raced to Trishia's room but didn't meet her there.'I hope she hasn't gone for those spooky sleepovers again.' He thought as he bumped into someone.

"Ouch! Big brother. What's up with you?" She asked, muffling a yawn.

"Err...actually, I was hungry, so I was looking for..." He didn't even know her name. How stupid of him. "....for the cook."

"What? At this time? You want her to cook for you and you turned down the dinner she made some hours ago. She won't even want to listen to you unless...." Her face beamed up a little.

"Unless what? Tell me, tell me. I'm starving."

"Well, unless you apologize." She winked at him.

"Apologize? To who? You?"

"Stop playing dumb. Your so called cook of course. I'm off to bed." She walked towards her room and stopped abruptly. She turned, making eye contact with him. "By the way, big brother, 'she' has a name, which is Yvette." She turned again and left. He vowed not to beg her as he went back into his room. Ten minutes later, he was at her door. He knocked, no answer. He knocked again.

"Come in, Trishia, you know you didn't really have to knock." He slowly opened the door and stepped inside, hoping to see her naked. 'Uggh! Stupid me!',he  thought. She was seated at the dresser, hand-sewing a scarf. She was wrapped in only a small towel. He moved towards her.

"Trish, why aren't you talking?" She asked. She gasped, wide-eyed when she saw a masculine frame in the mirror. She stood up.

"Oh, my God...I.. sir.." She stammered. She looked god-damned sexy as she clung to the towel like it was her life.

"Hey, calm down. I'm only  here to apologize for not eating the food you made a while ago. I'm sorry." He said, looking her in the eyes. She was taken aback by shock and surprise. She still held on to the towel but didn't say anything.

"I know you're mad at me, but please say something." He said feigning sincerity.

"Err.. it's okay". She tried to smile.

"Right." He said and did some thumbs up to her. She did it too.

"Can you maybe prepare a little something for me to eat?" He smiled grimly.

"Not a problem. I'll ring you once its done."

"Oh, no. You should just bring it up to my room." He smirked. She turned to go into the closet.The towel was pretty short. She appeared back in a mid-thigh length night gown and a long sleeved night jacket on it.

"Sir... could you...you know, leave?" He nodded briskly and left the room with Yvette following behind him. She returned half an hour later with chicken nuggets and tea.