Chapter Ten

Yvette thought she was dreaming. She even thought for a second that she was in the cinema. She couldn't believe that he could comment on her bouncing breasts. She walked over to the counter in the school's cafeteria, still in her sports outfit.

"What would you like, beautiful?" The waiter said and winked at her. She muttered an 'eeeew' under her breath.

"Um....doughnuts and a can of sugar-free soda."

"Here." He passed the tray to her and also slipped a paper containing his phone number into her hands and winked. She rolled her eyes in disgust as she spotted an empty table for three and made her way over, ignoring the stares she got from the students in the cafeteria. She brought out her phone and took a selfie. She really loved taking pictures. She also sent a voice note to her granny, Sara, asking her to call her at night. Yvette looked up, only to see Trishia and who? Drew! She shrank in her seat as they both sat down with her, setting down their trays.

"Awwwwwwwwn...look at Yvette. Doesn't she look adorable and ..." She looked at her brother ad smiled." ...sexy?"

"Hmmmmm, she is. Really." Yvette choked on the doughnut she was eating and avoided their faces.

"Take it easy, Yvy." Trish said and turned her attention back to Drew. "Do you like what she's wearing?" Trishia winked and he grinned.

"You know I do. It's tempting, very very tempting." Trish and Drew giggled.

"Won't you say that Drew is extremely handsome today?" Trishia said to Yvette.

"No, at all. I don't think so." Yvette stuck her tongue in her left cheek to prevent her from smiling.

"Awwww. Not fair, Yvy. You could have at least told a lie instead of breaking my stupidly-grinning brother's heart." Yvette couldn't help it, she laughed but didn't say anything.

"Drew, tell her you admire her." Trishia said, trying to play the matchmaker, nudging his rib cage. Yvette mistakenly dropped the can she was drinking from. She feigned anger.

"Now, that's okay, Trish." Yvette said harshly. "I would like to go home now, since we're free till home time. Are you on?"

"Uhhh..nope. I'm going straight to my boyfriend's after school. Sorry I can't go with you."

"Oh, okay. I'll grab my things and get ready to walk a number of miles through. I'll call as soon as I get home."

"Walk? Miles? You're joking, right?" She battled her eyelashes."Okay, you know what? Drew'll ride home with you." She noticed the change in Yvette's facial expression.

"No. I'd rather become a snail than go home with Drew." Yvette gasped, not believing she could say his name.

"Nahh. Don't be like that. You're going with him." Trishia said, in a tone of finalty.

"Okay." Yvette sighed fraustratedly. " I'll go with him. Bye, Trishia. Enjoy." She said, walking away with Drew hot on her heels.

"Enjoy too, Yvy sexy."

*      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *

     The ride home was way too boring as Yvette was hitting up all her old friends on Skype. Drew shot her death glares but she didn't budge. Once they got home, she walked into the kitchen to get a cold glass of pineapple juice-her favourite. She went into her room with the glass in her hand. She dropped her bag on the floor as she closed the door noisily. Just then, she saw the back view of a masculine body. The person wore all black. The glass fell from her hands as she screamed her lungs out. She screamed and screamed until air was no longer in her lungs. Everything turned black as she collapsed on the floor, passing out.