Chapter 15. The Deal

“ST don’t you think this is a little…much?” Candy gestured to her costume while standing in the living room. 

“Candy, dove. It’s perfect” Sweet Tooth watched her from the couch as she tugged at the pink and blue tutu. He had spent weeks perfecting this costume. Gob was in the kitchen preparing dinner.

“Sir… Don’t you think it looks a bit … familiar?” Gob stuttered while making his way to the living room.

“What on earth are you talking about?” Sweet Tooth hissed as he grabbed the blue and pink wig, placing it on Candy’s head.

“It looks like…what Mira wore, the last time we saw her.” Sweet Tooth froze. He hadn’t realized that he had replicated a pink and blue version of Mira’s ballet costume, down to the finest details. The halter and tutu were of a shiny material while the ballet slippers had been replaced with two tone converse.

“Who’s this Mira chick?” Candy squeaked. 

“NO ONE. Got it?!” Sweet Tooth yelled. He stormed out of the apartment and took the elevator up to his office floor. He paced from his desk to the wall of windows

“Sam…Sam answer me.”

“Who? little old me?” Sam hissed.

“Sam, why did you do it.”

“Do what? I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Sam chuckled.

“You know, forcing me to replicate her costume.” 

“I didn’t force you. I merely influenced you.” By now, Sweet Tooth had slipped a few times letting Sam shine through. Gob, Candy and Joe had seen glimpses of Sam and had heard his name.

“Why”

“Because thats all i can do. I can’t forget about her…”

Sweet Tooth sighed.

“I can’t believe you did this, theres not enough time to make another costume.”

“Just let her wear that then.”

“Fine...” 

--------

Candy slithered out of the costume that Sweet Tooth built her. She returned to the living room to see Gob cleaning up Sweet Tooth’s supplies.

“Geez this is tacky. I don’t know why he didn’t let me do anything to it” She said laying it across the dining room table.

“He’s…a perfectionist.” Gob  whispered.

“Who’s that girl…Mira?” Gob sighed. He wished Sweet Tooth hadn’t hurt Mira. Now Sweet Tooth was all about vengeance and his temper was worse than ever. “ I really can’t tell you.”

“Gob. Come on, ST won’t find out. I’m just a little curious…” She whined. Gob sat on the couch and was closely followed by Candy.

“Fine…She was a dancer. A ballerina. Sweet Tooth … Sam met her and…” Candy was on the edge of her seat. “They fell in love.” He stammered “She helped him with all of this, she was going to help him defeat the bat. But you know his temper… most of the time, he would calm down and she was safe. But then…one day, it was early in the morning and i heard yelling coming from here. I heard thuds and i came down here…and she was laying in the hall…” Gob looked back up at Candy. “He had beaten her…She ran away after that. I think Sam really loved her. Sometimes i hear him crying…saying her name, saying he’s sorry…You can’t tell him you know. He’d … kill us both.” Candy sat in shock.