14: "She Is?!"

Annabeth's POV
"Are you ok Piper?!" The boys said that simultaneously it was almost funny. But something was up.
"N-nothing. Must be that I, uh, ate too much," Piper squeaked out and it was more of a question than a statement.
The boys left and I asked Piper what was up. She again said it must've been something she ate but I still didn't believe her.

I let the case down only to not stress her out or sound like I'm forcing her to tell me. I just shrugged it off and brought her way downstairs to the kitchen and gave her some Tylenol. I got her a cup of apple juice with a straw and heated up mashed potatoes -her favorite- and rode the elevator to her room. I say with her until she finished what she wanted to finish.

After everyone left, and Piper was sound asleep, I brought down the dishes from Piper's room, scraped off the remaining mashed potatoes and put them in the sink. I cleaned them with soap and water then set them on a rack to dry. Finally, I could go to bed.

*+*+*Time Lapse*+*+*

"Owie!! Ahhhh!"
Holy schist! Who was that? I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and tip-toed out of my bed. I took my phone off of my nightstand and clicked the button and the lock screen read:

5:47

Oh ok I got 6 hours of sleep. Ugh. I heard the painful owie again and started towards Travis and Katie's room. I opened the door slowly to makes sure I wasn't interrupting anything. Katie was thrashing and crying alone in her bed. I went over and she was grabbing her stomach. Crap. She was going into labor and Travis was gone. She was 7 1/2 months pregnant and this child will need to be in the NICU until it can breathe on its own or unfortunately dies due to early birth.

I didn't think, just acted. I called 911 as I struggled to get Katie to stop thrashing and kicking. I told them the information they needed to know, hoping when they got here they wouldn't be in awe of our mansion. Then I called Travis wondering where the hell he went.
   "I'm at camp. But I'll be there in-" he got cut off. He will be at the hospital. And I know how bad the reception there is. I screamed louder than Katie, "NOT A DRILL!!! GET UP AND GET DRESSED KATIE IS GIVING BIRTH!!!" It was then I heard footsteps and stomping and running in here.

It didn't take long for the ambulance to get here and put Katie on a stretcher. We took our motorcycles and sped after the ambulance. I think it only took 10 minutes to the nearest hospital.  We ran out accidentally taking our motorcycle gloves and helmets into the hospital. We probably looked like a bunch of homeless kids with freshly cleaned jammies, because we were like a mob following where the stretcher went. We ran up stairs because that was faster than the elevator. Finally we all set up in her room and that's when the contractions started. I held her hand and so did Hazel and the rest comforted her without touching her.

When Travis came about 5 minutes later, I handed her over to him and he was being the cutest boyfriend with her right now. They were muttering things to each other and soon enough, they were brought back to the birth room. The rest of us sat in her room waiting and praying to the gods that the baby would live.

About a half hour later, and a long conversation with Piper who looked nervous for some reason and Percy who was scared the baby wouldn't live, Travis came out. I think it was Piper's Aphrodite side that got her worried about the baby and Katie. Katie was right behind Travis sitting up in her stretcher and was holding a little baby boy. She was smiling a beautiful smile that a woman only wears when she has a baby in her arms.
   "Please welcome Parker Christopher Stoll to the world," Travis announced with a huge smile on his face.