Sick (Remus Lupin)

Credits to alessiajontrunfio on tumblr for the pic.

Remus' Pov

"Aaa-achoo!!"

"For the umpteenth time (Y/n), you are sick."

"No I am not!" She protested with a stuffy nose, "let's just continue studying for our Charms exam tomorrow Rem."

"(Y/n) first of all," I said in a calm tone, "we do not have an exam for Charms, we're just doing our Herbology essay so that we don't need to do it during the weekend. Second, "I paused, not wanting to laugh, "tomorrow's a Saturday. Hogsmeade Day. No School."

"Oh, is that so? Sorry... " she muttered, "kinda woozy... AAACHOOO!!"

"That's it." I said, as I stood up and started packing our things.

"What are you doing Rem?I'm still not done yet with the.... achoo!!....Mandrake part."

"You are going to rest." I stated. "I am NOT allowing you to study this late in the evening anymore."

"It's still 9:10 Rem, don't worry." She yawned.

As I turned to have a look at the clock, the long hand was at 9 and the short hand was almost at 1.

It wasn't 9:10, it was a quarter to 2!

This. This is the very reason why my (Y/n/n) is sick.

Every single night. It's either studying for an upcoming exam, or reading a very thick novel from the library. There's at least one thing that disrupts her sleeping time, and I am not being an overprotective boy friend, it's just that I want what's best for her.

After checking the time, I turned back and saw her already sleeping on top of her Herbology essay.

"Oh (Y/n)." I sighed while carrying her to the couch in the common room.

As I placed her on the couch, she stirred, "Re-Remus?"

"Shhhh.... I'll be right back."

I tossed all the books and parchment that we used and placed it on top of my bed. Then I got a spare blanket and some pillows from my room and brought it back to where (Y/n) was sleeping.

I threw the blanket on top of (Y/n) to make her feel warmer. Then as I lifted her head to put the pillow under it, she shot up from her position. Pushed the pillow away. And snuggled closer to me.

"What?" She questioned sleepily.

I smiled, "Nothing." Placing a soft kiss on her forehead. Merlin she was burning.

"Where are you going again?"

"I'll just get a wet towel to put on your forehead okay?." I said, headind up to my room again.

When I came back, she was reading the book that she lent me.

"(Y/n/n), didn't I tell you not to touch a single book till you've fully recovered?"

"Nooo... achoo!!" She sneezed, "You said that you wouldn't let me study. You didn't say anything about me not reading."

"Haven't you read that a lot of times?" I asked.

"It's my favorite." She said. "My mum used to read this to me every night."

"Well then," I stated while sitting on the couch, "I'll read it to you, sounds good? "

"Okay!" She exclaimed. "Aaa-aachoo!! Thanks Rem. "

"Don't mention it." I said. Placing the towel on her steaming forhead. She snuggled even closer to me because she said that I smelled like chocolate (which was her favorite treat) and she also mentioned that I was rather fluffy.

Then I started, "Once upon a time there lived a young maiden.... "

As the story went on, I can feel her shifting her body every now and then, trying to find a comfortable position. I moved a bit more closer to her petite form then she gave me a soft smile while mouthing the words 'Thanks Rem'.

I kissed her on the nose and after a few chapters, she was already fast asleep.

"Good night (Y/n/n), get well soon."