Care (Sirius Black)

Credits to alessiajontrunfio on tumblr for the pic. :)

Sirius' Pov

"S-Sirius?"

"Shhh... Don't worry love. I'm here."

It was a rough one. One of her worst transformations.

She laid on the cold floor of the Shrieking Shack bleeding from the scratches she did to herself.

I couldn't bear seeing her enduring all of the pain.

"S-Sirius?" She said, reaching out to me.

I knelt down beside her and grabbed her hand and rubbed circles around it to assure her that I was with her.

"Love?" I whispered, "I'm gonna clean some of those wounds before it gets worse, so is it okay if you would sit upright just for a while?"

"Mhmm..." She hummed.

As she positioned herself, I tore a piece of cloth from my shirt and grabbed the ointment that I made for her in our first year in my satchel.

"Tssss..." She hissed as I cleaned the first one.

"S-Sorry love." I stated while putting some of the ointment on it.

"It's alright. I know you're just trying to help me." She said, while giving me a soft smile. Yet I knew that that smile was full of pain.

As I continued to clean the scars on her face, she quickly took a hold of my wrist and gently placed it down on the cold floor.

"What's wrong love?" I questioned. "Does it hurt?"

"Y-Yes. I-I mean, n-no. I m-mean.. "

As she continued to stammer, I placed my hand on her cheek and rubbed it softly. Making sure that I don't hit the new scars that she had.

"You can tell me anything (Y/n). Is everything alright?"

"EVERYTHING'S NOT ALRIGHT!!" She screamed while tears stained her face.

I engulfed her in a hug, drawing circles on her small form and asked , "Why's that love? Is anything bothering you?"

She looked up at me with tears still flowing down and answered, "It's just that, I feel that I'm just a burden to you. Right now, you should be spending your Christmas with James and the gang, but no, you're stuck here with me. Instead of training for the last Quidditch match, you were off making my Wolfsbane potion."

"But love, I-"

"You're supposed to prioritize yourself." She trailed off, "Not me."

"(Y/n) it's not like that."

"But it is like that. I'm just your petty girlfriend. Your girlfriend who has lycantrophy. Your girlfriend who is just a huge burden to you. You deserve someone better. Someone normal..... someone that's not me."

"Love, look at me." I stated, lifting up her chin so that she can see me eye to eye. "You are not, and will never be a burden to me. It was my choice to take care of you and it will always be my choice.... till my last breath."

"S-Sirius I-"

I cut her off by placing a quick yet soft kiss on her lips, to not tire her out since she already had a rough night.

"I care about you because I love you, okay?"

"Okay Sirius." She said as she laid on my lap. "I love you."

"I love you too. Always remember that."

Then I placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, laid against the wall and started to stroke hair, until I myself fell asleep.