Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen
~~~~~~~~~~

Before I knew it, it was time to go back to Hogswarts. I was nervous as all get-out. Not because this meant that N.E.W.T.s were closer than ever, but because this was the first time I'd seen James since. . . The Kiss.

Worries danced around my head. Were we considered boyfriend-girlfriend now? Did he want to advertise our Kiss? Should we just go back to normal and forget The Kiss even happened?

I really had no clue. I'd never had a real boyfriend before. This was totally new territory. I was sure James had had at least ONE girlfriend before me. Stella or Bailey, I couldn't remember which one. But I knew that it had lasted for only about two weeks before the breakup. No one could handle Stella or Bailey for a very long period of time.

I entered the platform through the magical barrier on Sunday morning at 10:30. My mum and dad were just behind me. Petunia had blatantly refused to come along and say goodbye, as she wasn't gaining anything out of another ride with 'the freak' as she referred to me now. I couldn't say I was complaining.

I craned my neck to locate James, or Elle, or someone.

"Looking for someone?" my mother inquired, and I looked at her.

"Mu-um!"

"All right, I'm just kidding." She looked in both directions. "But seriously, I want to meet this kid, in the flesh!"

"I'll find him, I'm looking!"

Finally, I saw him. Suddenly, my stomach seized up and I got really nervous. I whipped my head around and ducked between two sixth years carrying an ENORMOUS trunk between them. I didn't think he'd seen me. Oh gosh, what do I do?

"Lily?" It was my mum.

"Yeah?" I asked miserably.

"You saw him didn't you?"

"Maaaaybe..."

"Well, go talk to him! I'll go with you! Come on, please. At least let me judge on whether or not he's good looking enough for you!"

I loved my mom. She was seriously awesome.

"Okay, fine. Let's go."

I weaved my way through the crowd towards James. When I finally reached him, I made the most intelligent comment the world has ever known: "Hey."

"Hi, Lily!" He smiled. "And you must be Mrs. Evans. It's so nice to meet you!" He offered his hand and they shook.

"Hello, James! I've heard lots about you over the years."

"I'm afraid it's not all good things..." he trailed off, running his hand through his hair, making it even messier than its usual.

"Oh, the past is the past. That was a schoolboy crush! No worries."

James smiled sheepishly and looked at me. I raised my eyebrows and gave him a thumbs-up so my mum couldn't see, and mouthed, "Nice job."

"Oh, goodness! Look at the time! It's time for you two to get on the train!" my mother said.

Just then, my dad rolled my trolley up. "You must be James," he said. "Do I need to talk to you about anything?"

"Believe me sir, I've already had a talk about Lily with Professor Slughorn. I'm all good."

James and I both burst out laughing.

"I was only kidding," Dad said, then muttered quietly, "Sort of."

When James and I had stopped laughing, he helped my dad load my trunk onto the rack above the seats in the compartment that had been claimed by the Marauders and Elle. I protested, insisting that I could do it, but both of them laughed and joked, "You could, if you could reach it."