Chapter Sixteen

Sorry I just updated the chapter name. I got it wrong when I posted it yesterday! ^^^ it did say chapter seventeen!

Hey all 1K of you AWESOME SPECTACULAR AMAZING PEOPLES WHO ARE AMAZING!!!

Sorry it's been a while. . .

I've kind of been procrastinating...

Anyways, THANKS SOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR 1K READS!!!!! THIS. IS. SO. AWESOME. ILY ALLLLL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Sixteen

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You. . . had a pet bunny when you were seven? Seriously?"

"Yes! Lily, you got it! You're a Legilimens!"

We were in DADA, standing in pairs around the room, practicing Occlumency and Legilimency. Our Occlumency course had ended ages ago, and we'd started Legilimency just before the holidays. I was with James, and I had just learned-by Legilimency- that he had had a pet bunny when he was seven!

I had to rejoice. "Yes! This is amazing! I can read-no, I mean, perceive-your thoughts! This is amazing!" I ran up to James and hugged him, then sort of realized what I did. Luckily, he didn't seem to mind. He even hugged me back.

When we broke apart, I said, "Now I finally stand a chance against Snape!"

"Oh, you always did, you just didn't have confidence in yourself."

"Thanks." I blushed.

Just then, Professor Carson walked over. "How are we doing over here? Anyone need me to test them?"

"Lily does!" James volunteered me. I glared at him. I'd wanted to practice a few more times before Professor Carson tested me. He nodded at me and gave me a thumbs-up.

"Great, Lily! Now, how about we just practice with Occlumency first?" Professor Carson pulled out his wand. "Feed me a fake story from your past and I'll try to divulge what actually happened. We'll try for thirty seconds. Ready. . . Set. . . Go. Legilimens!"

I immediately thought of something simple: I had wizard parents. I focused on the thought of being brought up as a wizard.

Thirty seconds later, Professor Carson clapped his hands! "You're Muggle-born aren't you?"

I sighed. "Yes. I was hoping to convince you that I wasn't."

"Well, that's what I got at first, but then I found a weakness. You can't just keep concentrating on it extremely hard. You have to make it feel natural, as if it's not a lie. But it's a start, Evans. It's a great start.

"Thanks, Professor."

"All right, class dismissed. Homework: practice your Occlumency and Legilimency and I want twelve inches of parchment on the proper steps to both of them."

The class left in a flurry of parchment. I walked out with James. "I have so much homework," he said.

"I don't. I've finished most of it. We have a break now, do you want to go make a start on what we have?"

He smiled. "Sure!"

We headed up to the library and found a quiet corner to work in. After about twenty minutes, he set his quill down and announced that he was done. I took a look at it.

"This is for astronomy right?"

"Yes. . ."

"Well, you've got the position of the moon all wrong, and you're missing Saturn..."