Epilogue

"Oh, it's so good to be home," I said, opening the door of our new house in Godric's Hollow.

"I can't stand St. Mungo's. It's so clean and sterile and perfect," James said following me into the house, a bundle of blue blankets in his arms.

Of course James couldn't stand the sterility of the hospital. An old troublemaker like him? I was nervous just having him there with me, worried about him breaking something or blowing up the place. And when Sirius had dropped by? I was sure we were all going to die before we got home.

"Yeah, it was nice of Elle to visit, too. Probably the last time we'll see her for a while. Or anyone, I suppose, except for maybe Sirius," I said wistfully, wishing circumstances could be better.

"Yeah, but we still have a few days left! Dumbledore isn't coming to cast the Fidelius Charm until Saturday, so we have a little time left to have fun!" James started up the stairs, the bundle still in his arms.

I sighed and rolled my eyes as I followed him upstairs. "James, don't you think that fun outings under your cloak are going to have to be limited from now on? You know... What with the new addition and all."

"Oh. Yeah," he said, sounding taken aback, still new to the idea of his newfound responsibilities. "But having this little guy here will be a great new adventure, wouldn't you agree?" He added, gesturing at the little bundle in his arms as he pushed open the door to the newly-painted light yellow room at the end of the hall.

"I totally agree. Our best adventure yet, I believe," I followed him in and watched as he lowered the bundle carefully into the brand new crib pushed against the wall.

"I can't wait to start our lives with him," James sighed, leaning over the edge of the crib, his arms resting on the rails.

I assumed the same position as him and rested my head on his shoulder. "Me either. Our little Harry."

••••••••••••••

Well, it's over.

Let me go cry for a second, hang on.

*sobs uncontrollably*

*smooths hair*

*takes deep breath*

Okay I'm good.

I ended the story with happiness because why bring everybody down with a sad ending and the two protagonists of the story dying?  Exactly: no reason.

I'm really sad that I'm finished with James and Lily: It Took A While. I loved writing every chapter of it. I think it's the longest "book" I've ever written, I'm not exactly sure.

You have no idea how much empathy I have for James and Lily now. Whenever I read Harry Potter and anything sad about Jily comes up I start crying because I've actually been inside their minds, and I just totally wish they HADN'T DIED. I love them as characters and I'm so grateful to J.K.Rowling for creating them and I seriously enjoyed writing about them.

I want to thank rather_be_reading for being an awesome friend, even though she, and I quote, "doesn't support fanfiction". 

She read it anyways.

I want to thank seemarianwrite for beng a freaking AWESOME EDITOR. SHE IS DA BOMB.

(go read her PJO fanfic and her original story, The Long Road Back To Normal.  I freaking love them both.)

Thanks to my mother for her help with creative ideas, ktnewby4,I think, is her username.

And lastly, thank you to ALL MY FREAKING 6K READS AND READERS I LOVE YOU ALL I TOTALLY DIDNT EXPECT THIS AT ALL I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN IT I LOVE YOU ALL I CANT EVEN PLEASE COMMENT AND EXPRESS YOURSELVES IN ANY WAY YOU WISH I LOVE COMMENTS PLEASE DO IT EVEN IF YOU FEEL STUPID.

Please vote, cuz this is your last chance to show your appreciation for my story. Ily all.

I don't wanna say the end but I have to.

THE END