Chapter Eleven

We run to the Cornucopia. I shout to Gardoir that I see Clos running  to the same place as us. I poise my loaded bow at the ready for any unprecedented attacks on me and Gardoir. I slow down so he can catch me up. "Why does Clos look wounded?" I ask. Gardoir doesn't reply but I know the answer. I hear a barking getting louder behind us. I turn around and see whats barking. "What are they?" Gardoir asks. "Muttations" I say, with a wobble in my voice. I start running as fast as I can and Gardoir follows. "We're closer!" I shout to Gardoir and keep running. When we get closer, I leap as high as I can so I get onto the Cornucopia. I pull up Gardoir and notice Clos start to climb up the side of the Cornucopia. "Get your crossbow ready" I tell Gardoir. I feel the air go out of me as Clos lands on top of me with a knife in his hand. I try push him off but he's heavier than me. I feel his hands around my neck like he's about asphyxiate me. Suddenly, I feel Gardoir pull him off me. I'm sitting up enough to get my bow and arrow ready to shoot at Cors. I'm not sure when to shoot but I take the shot. It lands right on his hand. Gardoir lowers his crossbow and looks at the blood pouring down from his hand. I walk forward to him and push him to the mutts. The cannon fires. Me and Gardoir have won.
Won
The
Hunger
Games.
Me and Gardoir hug each other in victory. We were safe. We have each other. That's all we need right now. The Panem anthem sounds, breaking the silence. A ladder falls near us and we climb up. I try to climb up the ladder some more but some kind of force holds me in place. I look down and see Gardoir climbing onto the ladder too. The ladder starts going up into the aircraft. Someone starts prodding and poking at us both. I just make out her name tag. Ito. Somehow that name sounds familiar. "Ito? Do I know you from somewhere?" I ask her. "I'm your dads ex- girlfriend" she replies with a smile. I wrack my brain for any mention of an ex lover of my dads. Nope, can't find anything about it."I didn't know my dad had an ex lover" I whisper to Gardoir." I know." He replies.
How does he know?