Chapter Thirteen

The next day, we have to get up early because we need to get onto the train to go back to District 13. I give Gardoir a kiss to wake him up early. And like I thought he would, he woke up early with a smile on his face."Hey" he says sleepily. "Hi" I say back,slightly muffled because I put on a dark blue top with dark green leggings."You need to get ready" I say."Effie will be here any minute now".
"I know that,Alaya"
"Well get dressed!"
There is a silence for a moment after I say that. I shouted it.
"I'm sorry!" I say.
"Eh, it's Ok" Gardoir says calmly.
I hear footsteps coming down the hall just as he's getting his shirt on.
"Hello, Hello, Hello!" Effie says brightly."The train will be here any minute now!"
Me and Gardoir rush about packing our things, which doesn't take long. At last, after I've tied my  hair into a braid, we go to the train station. I hold Gardoirs' hand until we get onto the train where I have to let go in order to get ready for the party in the district. The people will be rushing about organising a party for me and Gardoir. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to escape early to talk with my dad about Ito. Maybe she's lying?

We get back to District 13, my thought is right. They've been at work organising the victors party. I see my dad arguing with my mom and Shimmer crying. I run over to Shimmer." What's up Shimmer?" I ask.
"M-mom and d-dad are fighting again"she cries." Fighting again?" I ask,shocked. I turn around, and notice that people are screaming and running away from something or someone."Peacekeepers" I hear Gardoir say. The Peacekeepers come closer,looking like they want to get someone. I turn back around. I feel people grab my arms and drag me away.

I wake up feeling light-headed. I'm in a darkish room so familiar that I could navigate it with my eyes closed. I look around and realise I'm in my own house." Alaya?" I hear a familiar voice say. Gardoir, the only person whose ever stayed with me till the end. I turn to face him. "Water" I whisper to him."You want water?"he asks. I nod. Gardoir gets a bottle of water and helps me drink some. The clear liquid soothes my sore throat."What happened?" I finally ask."The Peacekeepers dragged you away. Maybe because you're the eldest daughter of the Mocking Jay?" He says with a frown. I frown back."Maybe because of those bombs the Capitol brought down on us and my mother fighting them?I mean that's against all odds." I say. I try to move but there's something holding me down. I look at what's holding me and I notice a band wrapped around me. There's a strange tingling sensation in my right arm. The fluid is strong. I black out from how strong it is.
                      END OF PART ONE