Chapter Five

I'm running through a dark wood with my bow and arrow poised for any attacks. From up above I can hear a voice."Alaya!Alaya!Wake up!"

I wake up with a start and realise I'm screaming my head off. Next to me, I see Gwen next to me,talking to me but I can't hear a word she's saying. I'm still running through those woods...
"Alaya!" I hear Gade talking to someone outside my room. Who said my name? I think to myself. There's no one in my room,just me. I see a tray next to me on the bed with pancakes with strawberries on. I try one of the pancakes, it's soft and fluffy and so warm! I get up and quickly get dressed. A dark green sweater-because it's cold-and some leather trousers and boots made of the same material. I pin the mocking jay onto my sweater. We're going to our stylists today and I want to look my best.

I'm lying on something with people all around me. There's strange concoctions on the table in front of me. People are waxing my legs and I'm trying not to scream in pain. Finally, they stop prodding and poking me and lead me off to my stylist,Avrox, for my fitting.
"Yes! You look perfect!" Avrox says. He puts a mirror in front of me and I see what he means. The dress is a beautiful deep green with real leaves on the only strap on the dress. My hair is done up into a topknot and held onto place with more leaves. I spin round and leaves fall off the bottom of the dress." Why are they doing that?" I ask Avrox.
"Don't worry. It's meant to do that" he replies with a reassuring smile. I had to take the dress off and get ready for the interview with Caesar Flickerman. I get stage fright but I have my mocking jay pin with me.

I'm backstage now. Preparing for my interview with Caesar. Gardoir just went on.
"So Gardoir, any special someone back  home?" He asks.
"Well... Yes, there is." Gardoir replies,"I've liked her ever since I met her. A lot of boys like her but I don't think she's ever actually noticed me at all. She's brave and smart and can be a little stand-offish but she can be really sweet when she wants to." He says. The audience went "awww" as if it was the sweetest thing they've heard." Do you think winning will win her over?" Caesar asks. "No... She's here with me."
Gardoir stands up when Caesar shakes his hand." Good luck Gardoir"
"Now everyone! Our last tribute of the evening! Please welcome Alaya Mellark!"
I walk on when the doors open for me to walk through. The lights are blinding. Everyone's staring at me,at the dress. Caesar is gobsmacked because of the dress." Well well well,ladies and gentlemen! What a sight!Tell me,Alaya, that dress is absolutely beautiful! What are your thoughts on it?" He asks me.
"I think the same thing too" I say while staring at the audience." Could you give us all a little twirl?" He asks. I look at Avrox and he nods in encouragement so I stand up and spin round. The audience fall into silence. I notice the leaves come off the dress." Wow!" Caesar exclaims. He helps me stop and sit down." That was something!"He says."Alaya Mellark, The girl of leaves!"