Chapter 3

"Lets go." Michele tapped us all which means I must have nodded off.

We all slipped out of our seats and moved to the line of people getting on the same plane as us.  Waiting on line wasn't helping either, I need to move, I need to stay awake, but I can't, so I leaned my head against Austin's shoulder.  He looked down and smiled when he realized it was me, I'm sure if it was Alex he would've pushed him off.  Eventually we got to the front and handed our tickets to the guy standing in the blue uniform standing behind the podium thing.  Once we passed I leaned against Austin again but the walking made me dizzy so I stood up straight.  We reached our seats and put a bag or two over us, I kept mine and let Austin slip into the window seat, then I moved in next to him and Alex came in last.  Automatically, I sat back in my seat and waited for the plane to take off with the boys.

We were in the air almost half an hour later.  Austin sat staring out the window, watching the ground disappear.  I have to look anywhere but out the window because A.) I'm afraid of heights.  B.) I get really lightheaded really fast, so I would get insanely dizzy in a matter of minutes, even without looking out the window so...  Alex turned making funny faces at me every few seconds and I couldn't stop laughing for like five minutes.  I suddenly felt bad though because most of the passengers are now asleep so I put one finger against my lips and he looked around and noticed what I did, so I leaned back.  In a matter of seconds both of the boys were on either shoulder with theirs eyes closed.

I smiled and moved down a little so they were more comfortable, then I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the back of the seat, drifting into a light sleep.

When I woke up, Austin was not on my shoulder, instead he was leaning against the window with his hands tucked under his head like a pillow.  My back was turned to Alex and I was leaned against his chest, my head against his shoulder.  His head was leaned against mine, but then he moved.  "Hey, you're awake." he smiled.

"That's not how I fell asleep." I laughed as I sat up.  "Sorry."

"It's fine." he laughed, "I didn't want to wake you up."

"Thanks." I smiled.  "Is he awake?" I mouthed to Alex, pointing to Austin.

He shook his head and I laughed, he messed up his hair.  Quickly he noticed and frowned, shaking it out again and then running his hands through his hair.  "Wow." I rolled my eyes.

"Always gotta be perfect Juli.  Always!" He exclaimed quietly, making me laugh.

"Then come here, cause it's still messed up." I held my hands up and he bent his head down.  I ran my hands through his dark -ish hair.  I smiled to myself, remembering when I used to do this all the time.  I was always the one that either fixed or messed up his hair, it never really mattered though, it always made him laugh.  Once I finished, I wiped the smile off my face and he looked up.  "So, what happened with you and Sarah?" I asked.

"I don't know.  Everything seemed fine, but she just went off one day and started a fight.  And it's not like we never fight, but it was another fight over something we've fought about before over and over.  I'm just done with it." he shrugged.

I felt bad, "You know, Alex, a lot of times, people start fights because they want to feel something.  They want to know that what they have is real."

He sat up more, realizing what I just said was exactly what happened to us.  "Well, I'm done with it.  She was wrong, she knew she was wrong, but she kept fighting because she wants to be right." he was getting angry so I dropped it for a minute.

"You know that at the end of the day, I just want you to be happy right?  That's why I said that, she made you happy Alex, you can't just throw things like that away.  And I get it, that's you, that's what you always do.  But if you ever want to be really happy, you're going to have to break the cycle." I muttered loud enough for him to hear.

"I know." he muttered back.

I shook my head though and put my headphones in my ears, blasting my iPod on shuffle.  The first song that came on though was "The Only One" by Hot Chelle Rae, so I skipped over it after the first verse rang out.

I felt a tap on my leg after a minute and looked down to see Austin kick me lightly again.  I looked up at his face which was now turned to me and he smiled a little, giving me a thumbs up.  I nodded and closed my eyes, letting my music take me to a different place.  Anywhere but here.