Chapter 13

"Is Austin Mahone in a relationship with an employee?" an article of an unpopular gossip magazine read. "We have proof that Austin, friend Alex Constancio and friend/body guard Dave Brytus went to the beach recently, they brought along Austin's photographer, however they seemed a little close. Splashing in the water, sitting a little too close... Hm... Sounds a little weird, keep you're eye out for the new scandal."

"Scandal?" Austin read over my shoulder.

"Yeah, us. They have pictures of us going to the beach, when you dropped me into the water... Wanna know the worst part?"

"What's the worst part?"

"They don't even know my name." Austin laughed at me quietly, but then stared at me. "Okay, so that's not the worst part. One thing is, it's only been what, two weeks? And two, people are already going crazy!"

"Come on Juli, it can't be that bad." he laughed.

"Austin!" his mom shouted from the first floor, making us freeze.

"Yeah Austin, it's that bad." I stood up from his bed and walked out the door, turning to walk down the stairs.

"Oh great, you're here Juli, I need to talk to both of you." she waved us into the kitchen when Austin came down. We snuck a look at each other and then walked in. I sat down at a bar stool and leaned on the black granite counter top, Austin came in, leaning against the edge next to me. His mom walked in slowly after us and once she moved across from me her hands tapping on the stone, Austin placed his hand gently on my knee. "Is it true? Are you guys dating?"

"N-"

"Yes."

"Juli?" Austin looked at me confused.

"She's your mom, she'd sooner help us then hurt us." I turned to him and he smiled slightly, his hands grabbing mine.

"Yes, we're dating." he said as we turned back to his mom.

"Well, I knew, I just thought that maybe I was dreaming. I'll shoot down the rumors if you want, just know that this..." she pointed from me to Austin and then back, "is okay in my book. Next time something's happening though, just tell me."

"Sure thing Michelle." I smiled and she smiled back as she walked out of the room. I turned to look at Austin and he kissed me before I could even see him. "Well, hello." I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Hi" He smiled, his lips hovering over mine smiled before he kissed me again. "So what do you want to do? You know, about the rumors and stuff." he asked seriously, leaning against the counter, kinda pulling me closer.

"I don't know." I looked away for a minute and when I looked back he was still looking at me, his eyes meeting mine immediately. "I feel like we should, but at the same time I feel like it'd start a lot of things that wouldn't happen to nor-" I cut myself off, biting my lip.

"Normal people." he said.

"I'm sorry, that's not what I meant."

"It's fine. I know this life isn't exactly normal, but I'm trying to make it normal. I want a girlfriend, I want you." he ducked his head a little so we were eye level. "I want people to know why I'm smiling and I want them to know it's you." he kissed me again.

I bit my lip again, but this time I'm smiling. "Then we're telling everyone. We're gonna pose for all the pictures they wanna take and you know what, no matter what happens it'll be fine."

"It will be." he smiled.

"Then, we should tell your mom first.."

"Yeah, we should do that." he pulled on my hand and dragged me around his house to tell his mom the new news.