Chapter 5

"Hello!" an obviously flamboyant man walked up to us.  "We are so sorry for the inconvenience, but one of our speakers blew and we need you to test a couple of them."

"Okay." Austin rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands.

"Alrighty." the man handed him a mic and practically pushed him on stage.

"Excuse me." I spoke up as Austin nearly fell after stumbling over his feet.  "We just woke up maybe twenty minutes ago.  We're all tired and I'm sure you don't want a tired pop star on stage later."

"Sorry sweetheart, who are you?" he pointed at me up and down.

"Photographer/best friend... and you are?"

"I make sure things run smoothly." he stated matter-of-fact -ly.

"Wow, you must be important, like they can't replace you if we complain." I said sarcastically and pulled out my phone.

"Fine, you win." he said and walked on stage to instruct Austin on what he's doing exactly.

"Julianne, what'd we talk about last time?" Michelle walked in front of me.

"You said something about fighting with gay 'make sure things run smoothly' guys?" I asked and she looked at me more intensely.  "Sorry, but he was being catty!" I whispered and she laughed walking to go get Alex from the food bar that was out.  Taking out my camera, I walked closer and started snapping shots of Austin talking into the mic about random stuff.

"And here comes le wild photographer of mine, taking pictures." he smiled and I took another.  "Come here." he pulled me closer and took my camera from my hands, turning it on us.  I smiled without showing my teeth and he took a picture, turning it back so we could see it.  "Damn, we are just too adorable." we laughed.

"Austin can you sing something?" he nodded and started to sing Say Somethin.

"I see you walk by extra fly baby where you goin can I roll?" he followed me as I walked in front of him.

"You're funny." I laughed and took another picture.

"Livin' beach life feelin' right you're the hottest everybody knows."

"Shut up!" I squealed as he slapped my ass, "Hey, not nice." I waved my finger and he backed up.  I rolled my eyes and took a few more pictures before I noticed Alex and walked over.  "Hey." I smiled.

"Hey." he smiled back.  "Oh, Sarah texted me a few minutes ago." my expression faltered for a minute, but then I regained a smile.

"That's great, what'd she say?"

"She said sorry she was sorry and wanted to know if we could talk, I told her I was busy, but would call her later." he smiled wider, why can't I make him that happy.

"That's really great Alex." I smiled again and turned my camera back on.