Chapter Nine

A/N: From now on this book will forever be in Emaline's POV, enjoy!

I woke up snuggled up into Kate. We had slept that time passed majorly, the sun had already set. I wasn't worried about being in trouble because my mom knew of the treehouse, and she is very aware that I sleep here a lot. Most nights I was bound to sleep here since I couldn't stand my family half the time. This treehouse was definitely like a home to me. But the idea of Kate getting grounded crossed my mind, and I knew now that this night would have to come to a sad end. I sat up from my position and began to shake Kate and call her name to awake her, even though I didn't want too. "What is it Emaline?" She asked as her eyes slowly started to open. When her eyes were wide open, I was already lost into them. Like completely zoned out. Her eyes were just everything and I barley ever got the chance to look into them like this. Kate eventually snapped me from my thoughts as she waved her hand in front of my face. "Earth to Emaline!" She chanted multiple times before my attention was brought back to reality. "Sorry, I drifted off, but um I think we should start to get ready so you can go home, the sun already set," I said to her as I frowned. I didn't want her to leave yet, but I also didn't want her getting in trouble for not being home soon. Plus she might already be getting in trouble for skipping class with me. Oh no. "Yeah, that might be smart," she said with a chuckle. She looked down at herself and I could tell she completely forgot she was naked. I laughed as she stood up tying the blanket around her. I began to put on my panties and jeans along with my bra as Kate searched for her clothes.

I finished putting on my clothes, finishing with my flannel as Kate started to pull up her pants. I decided to take a seat on the bean bag chair, and watch and admire my beautiful girlfriend get dressed. I frowned again as I didn't want this night to end, it was already truly amazing. But after all everything good comes to an end. I brought my eyes back up to her and she was already looking at me. I smiled at her. I got up from the bean bag chair and walked over to her smiling. "I really wish you didn't have to go home, but I don't want you in even more trouble," I said to her as I grabbed her hands into mine. She smiled at me and nodded her head lightly, "I know, but you won't have to miss me much, I'll see you tomorrow, or even sooner if you're catching my hints," she said as she winked at the last few words. I smiled and brought her hand up to my lips and kissed it lightly. "Well then my lady, let's get you home then sneak me in," I said with a chuckle at the end of my words. Kate loved when I acted as though we were from the 18th Century, she thought the way I spoke was very cute and petite. She brushed her hand through my hair, "We shall madame," she said with a bit more enthusiasm then me. I laughed at her attempt to sound cute, even though she did sound highly cute and adorable. She pulled me in and kissed the top of my forehead and looked down at me, "I love you a lot, Emaline, I just want you to know and be aware of that," she said as she then pressed a kiss lightly onto my lips and she then smiled. "I love you too," I said as I grabbed her hand and squeezed it. Kate let go of my hand as she threw her shirt back on, along with her flannel and slid the belt through her jeans. She then began to wake over to the exit of the treehouse and climb down the ladder, I followed along with her. As we got to the bottom of the treehouse I grabbed Kate's hand once again and folded our hand in together. We began to walk down the trail that led a shortcut towards Kate's house. I felt like sneaking into her house after getting her home, and a day of skipping class, would be even more adventurous, speaking of the actions that could be done within her room. As we walked Kate looked sad and I playfully bumped into her and tried to get her attention. It didn't work, "Kate!" I exclaimed to her while walking in front of her and made eye contact. "What?" She asked as she still frowned. "What's wrong?" I asked as I looked at her concerned. "I, I just, I don't know what's gonna happen when people begin to find out, and there are so many questions," she said really fast and I put my hand to her shoulder. "Baby, calm down, it'll be okay, we're going to get through this together," I said as I looked at her and smiled then kissed her cheek lightly. She looked as though she felt relieved. I truly love this girl, and anything that comes between us I will knock right down. She is my sweetie, my sunshine, my world, my everything, and my best friend for one. She's one of the only people who actually seems to know me, and I couldn't be happier that it's her.